Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SR3] Guess what, another decker question from me
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
swe_wolfis
Hi, I hope that you are not getting bored with me and my constant questions about decks and deckers and decking.

Anyway, for those of you that has been following my questions I'm going thru the rules about upgrading a deck and on page 20 in Matrix it says that running a Reality filter consumes an enormous amount of processing power to the effective MPCP is reduced by one. Does that mean that must have a separate batch of ASISTS/RAS/persona programs chip for using a reality filter? Since all of them(and some more) is based on your MPCP rating. Lets say that I have MPCP 8 with response increase two, and I starts up my reality filter and I get a MPCP 7 deck, that cant process response increase two, what will happen, will the whole deck blow up?

/Peter
Moirdryd
A reduction to your MPCP would indeed lead to a reduction of anything dependant on it (much in the same way Pools, Reaction ect change for stats going up or down and Karma costs for learning skills higher are cheaper if a linked attribute is raised before hand)

So aye, I would imagine you`d have to have a seperate stat line for Reality Filter On / Off.
swe_wolfis
Yeah, I figured that, but would the rule about mixing components from different MPCP ratings apply or not then?
Moirdryd
Hmm have to have a flick through matrix before I could even try and answer that... I`m sure more experiance heads will beat me to it, but i`ll havea gander anyway.
Drraagh
According to the same page, it comments that the user would have to make sure that his persona and utility programs were within acceptable limits, so I take that to mean that any program running on their will be running at a MPCP of 1 less, and perhaps the parts that are dependant on the MPCP: Asist interface, ICCM, reality filter, RAS override, would function at a level lower than they are. Basically, you're just not getting everything out of it because something is pushing the system. You stop the reality filter and everything goes back to max, but you lose those bonuses.
Pendaric
To echo, filter on: your persona stats decrease to the lower effective MPCP rating, your initiative increases and everything keeps working.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012