Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fanning the hammer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
djinni
in the last session I was out of bullets except for two rugers, then I had a thought, why not just fan the hammer to get more shots?
then the question came up...
how many times can you do it and what additional modifiers should there be?
this is what we came up with that night
Character can fan a number of rounds eqaul to his Agility+Pistol skill divided by 2 (counts as burst)
standard recoil mods apply plus an additional -1 (dunno why just seemed to fit)
Jaid
there's an old thread about this actually. in fact, now that i look for it, here's another one.

if neither of those provide the answer(s) you seek then i'll be somewhat surprised nyahnyah.gif

that being said, if you just wanted something along the lines of semiautomatic equivalent, you do realise you could fire the second one in your off hand, right?
Konsaki
Without the 'Ambidextrous' Pos Qual, you get a -2 penalty for using your off-hand to attack. Just 1 more than shooting a second bullet out a semi-auto gun.
Thane36425
QUOTE (Konsaki)
Without the 'Ambidextrous' Pos Qual, you get a -2 penalty for using your off-hand to attack. Just 1 more than shooting a second bullet out a semi-auto gun.

An auto pistol with recoil compensation would make up for that -1.
Jaid
QUOTE (Thane36425)
QUOTE (Konsaki @ Jan 13 2007, 04:07 PM)

An auto pistol with recoil compensation would make up for that -1.

sure, but -2 dice pool for +1 damage and AP isn't all that bad of a trade off either nyahnyah.gif

or, assuming by 'auto pistol' you meant machine pistol rather than a semiautomatic pistol, +2 damage and AP.

on a side note, no listed heavy pistol starts off with recoil comp, and they cannot take an underbarrel mount (not that a pistol with a bipod would make sense anyways) and according to the gas vent you cannot install it on a pistol. i suppose you could equip them with a rigid stock to put a shock pad on, but you'll have to houserule some costs in there... and besides, using a stock on a pistol kinda negates a lot of the advantages of using a pistol imo.

which means, you're probably comparing it to the hammerli. which means, once again, a 2 point improvement in damage and AP for -2 to the dice pool, or you can stick with regular heavy pistols and be facing a -1 to the dice pool for a 1 point improvement to DV and AP. both of those options still sound pretty good, imo.
Thane36425
There's really no reason you couldn't put a gas vent on a pistol. It isn't common, but it can be done. Some of the competition pistols have them. In SR3, it was possible to customize a pistol to a given user, which allowed a 1 point recoil reduction.

Auto pistol was meant as semi-automatic.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Jaid)
there's an old thread about this actually. in fact, now that i look for it, here's another one.

if neither of those provide the answer(s) you seek then i'll be somewhat surprised nyahnyah.gif

that being said, if you just wanted something along the lines of semiautomatic equivalent, you do realise you could fire the second one in your off hand, right?

..this is what KK4.3 does. She has the Ambidexterity quality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012