Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Fade To Blood
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Tashio
Okay lets get this game on the road, sorry for the delay, Joys of work and getting home at 2am and being expected to be back at work at 6. No reply from DH, will give him little more time but we can get going in the mean time.

Current Players

Sparky - Valya
Allonon - Harry Dresden
Erros - Sean Chullain
Trigger - Ashton "Ashes" Bontrius

Posting Notes

Please put date/time and location at top of post, also include names of players involved.
As usual don't post actions for NPC's Contacts or other players without their permission.
Please turn off signatures for IC posts.

You make all rolls. Please post them as such.

Perception
Intution 4 + Perception 2
Hits: 2

Any questions or suggestions, fire away.
HeySparky
Weehoo! We're rolling! Especially Valya.

A question about rolls - did you want the numbers of the roll posted at all?

Perception
Intution 4 + Perception 2
6 5 3 3 3 1
Hits: 2

If only so people like me don't overlook glitches. I've been known to miss them. So posting here helps keep me honest. Not that I was cheating. Just inattending. er... Moving on. Your call, Tashio. smile.gif

I have an excel sheet that I can share that does nice rolls, even rerolls Edge. It notes glitches and stuff too, then prints results in / code tags for inclusion here on the boards. Neat, eh? If everyone has Excel and Tash likes it, I can share. Will send that to you Tashio. When I find it...
Trigger
I like using Invisible Castle to roll dice, posting the link they give afterwords here for you guys to see. They also have a function that allows the exploding of sixes so you can use it with Edge. I know that I don't have Excel on this computer and I wouldn't be able to use your program.
ErrosCallidus
Well, I just tried Invisible Castle and glitched on 6 dice so I'M not a big fan of it nyahnyah.gif

No problems with either system really.

Quick question on when exactly to roll... should I just say in the OOC board: I roll for talking to X NPC with Char+Negotiation? when I want to use a particular skill and leave the results to you Tash?
ErrosCallidus
I've just put up my first IC post in my first game on DS... any hints, tips, pointers, "never do that again you idiot!" type comments?
HeySparky
Erros, welcome to the party! The post looks good. Sets up Sean for us, his mindset, what he thinks about, his relationship to Ashes... good stuff. smile.gif

warrior_allanon: That stupid ped is Harry. Just in case it wasn't clear. And bacon is cockney rhyming slang for blind.

I'm experimenting. Clumsily. Both with a accent/dialect and a subculture. Cockney and thrashing. Mabye too much for one character. biggrin.gif
warrior_allanon
Believe it or not i caught that without coming here first, that said, my characters accent is destinctly american, slight mix of souther and upper mid west to anyone who listens long enough to pick up light accents
Trigger
Ashes has a more middle class english accent, with only slight nods towards a growing cockney inflection, if you wanted to know.

Also the current programs loaded into my internal link are:
Analyze
Command
Stealth
Exploit
Spoof
Reality Filter

Subscriptions:
Both Dobermans
The Fly-Spy, which is in the folds of his coat at the moment
Biomonitor
False Commlink

Just if you wanted to know...
HeySparky
So Harry and Sean are yanks and Ashes and Valya are locals (it should be noted that Val is a first generation daughter of immigrants, also that she's a minor, in case Harry's comment was an advance wink.gif ). Her cockney accent is sort of a lark... since I'm a newb at British english, not to mention the whole rhyming slang thing... well, we'll see how long I can keep it up.

smile.gif

I think DH's character, if he turns up, is American too.
Trigger
Also, here is a quick sketch of Ashes that I whipped up for you guys. Expectt something more polished later.

Ashes
Tashio
Sorry guys having problems with link from home to DS, hopefully will be working tonight, I had posts ready yesterday and when I tried to post bombed out.
Tashio
Oops yea good point need to check for Glitches so yup post rolls smile.gif

I'll call for rolls if I need them, but if you are talking to someone and want to convince them of something toss up a roll to save time. If you think you need a roll, roll, but don't roll for every little thing.

As for rolling dice, nothing beats the feel of real dice smile.gif that and I know just how "random" computer generated dice rollers are smile.gif

Erros all fine smile.gif
ErrosCallidus
Dammit Tash! I had a whole two paragraphs written and then you posted the beginning of the fight!! nyahnyah.gif I'll just have to post faster next time wink.gif

Sean is Irish btw. I think I cleared that up with the latest post.

Sean is currently trying to get the kid to back down. I'd like to use Leadership, but I seem to have wrote myself into an 'intimidate' test.

Since Sean does not have the intimidate skill here's the roll for a Defaulted Intimidate Test.

Char 4:
2 3 4 6
Hits: 1
Trigger
Hacking on the fly....3 hits

hopefully his firewall isn't any greater than that...if so, then Ashes would stand down and move past him to the two guys. I really don't think the could would have a firewall higher than 3 though....
Tashio
Np Trigger next time ask and roll first before posting such.

Hey he's a homeless street kid, the fact he even has a comlink is amazing enough.

Ha sorry Erros smile.gif

ErrosCallidus
Okay... Sean is now astrally percieving, in case you hadn't noticed. He's also trying his first assensing test on Ashes... it's his FIRST TIME to ever assesnse sombody and actually KNOW he's doing it.

Assensing (Ashes)
Int 4+Assensing 4
1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6
Hits: 3

Shouldn't hurt Ashes too much wink.gif
Trigger
I have a very obvious cyber arm and leg....a datajack, wires, a commlink in my head, cybereyes...and a bit of bioware in the noggin as well. It is cerebral boosters.

That is all....I am also slightly angry and worried.
warrior_allanon
Astrally perceiving the group ahead of me (ie the group around the "Priest")

Intuition=3+ perception=4
roll=1224555
hits=3 1's=1

nothing tech so no gremlin glitch
Trigger
The same thing as before from me, except Ashes is now surrounded in guilt and fear....

He is God-fearing.... biggrin.gif
warrior_allanon
when the priest turns to look at harry, the aura will show a mage, shining a bit more than any normal mundane but no dark spots in my aura
ErrosCallidus
Hey allanon, is that the same as assensing?

if so sorry, i just remembered I need to let you know what you're seeing of Sean.

No 'ware at all in Sean, E=6, M=2... he is a mage so he'd be shining. There are traces of a spirit on his aura. I know you need another hit to know the exact Essence/Magic ratings, pretend you just know if they're higher or lower than yours wink.gif

Uh, Tash, did I miss anything?

Nice Trigger, maybe my guys got more mojo than even I thought... biggrin.gif

Sparky, didn't forget about you... Seans just distracted and he's seen quite a few odd characters coming in and out, I'm sure Valya won't let herself be overlooked
warrior_allanon
no its not, assensing will tell you specifics and allow you to tell down to the person's emotions and even what type of cyber depending on success level.

What i did is more generic, its just what i notice about the aura, if there is cyber, if their magically active, general stuff like that
ErrosCallidus
AAAhhh... okay thanks. I'm about as new to being a mage as Sean is. Apologies for the confusion.

Tashio
Astral Perception is taking a look around on the astral plane, same way you would make a normal perception check, aka notice the mage to geek first.

Assensing affects a single target and would be an analysis of that mage to try gage his strength and whether he's about to try geek you first.

Anyone need anything?

Everything has calmed down to normal buzz, the orc is mildy bruised from his crash into the floor, no serious damage. He's more upset than anything else.
Trigger
Hey guys, I am going on a trip starting in a few hours and I will not be online most likely until sunday night, so I will respond to any comments or messages sent my way when I return. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. Thanks and see you all when I return.
ErrosCallidus
np trig.

though, i've been on vacation for the last week and was posting even from my hotel, so I'm not sure that we should let you off too easy nyahnyah.gif
Tashio
Nice posting so far guys keep it up.

2 Karma each for now.
ErrosCallidus
Cool!

Did you want the roll's for Sean's starting cash (promise I wont cheat! biggrin.gif )?

Preception:
Per2+Int4
6 6 5 3 4 1
Hits:3

Seans just checking to make sure that the foods getting eaten, things are getting cleaned up, the doors not hanging open to let the cold in, etc. He does try to make sure drug deals etc. aren't happening, but he's not a cop by any stretch of the imagination. (that and I like to roll dice smile.gif )
Trigger
Warrior...I think you may want to keep your character names in line...I don't Wolfgar is in this campaign biggrin.gif
ErrosCallidus
Thought it may have been a split personality manifesting already... wink.gif
Trigger
My starting cash as well is

13 * 20 = 260 nuyen.gif in my pocket biggrin.gif
Tashio
Yea roll your starting cash, could I just get an update of how cash everyone has on them and what form its stored in.

Please don't forget to disable smiles and signatures in the IC posts, Thanks.
ErrosCallidus
[(5)+3]*20= nuyen.gif 160 (the +three is from the 300 I had left over from generation)

evenly split between Sean's two normal certified credsticks ( nuyen.gif 80 each)
Trigger
i have 260 nuyen.gif split in two, one with 160 nuyen.gif the other with 100 nuyen.gif .
Tashio
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, I'm a bit under the weather atm with a nasty tooth infection, posting should resume tomorrow or Monday.
warrior_allanon
not a problem, take your time, you being better is more important than keeping us from conspiring against you
Trigger
Conspiring? indifferent.gif Of course not.... grinbig.gif
Tashio
*chuckle* well I'm back, the horrible offending tooth has been extracted, still numb right now we'll see what the pain is like when it wears off. But feels better overall so far.

The conspiring has not even started yet smile.gif

Oh yea 2 more karma each + 1 for being patient with me. (I suspect someone might be needing to spend some shorty smile.gif )
ErrosCallidus
Do you want us to spend our Karma here or in a PM? ...when we need to spend it that is. wink.gif
Tashio
Just PM me and tell me what you would like to spend it on, there might be one or two things that need to be resolved first for the use.
Tashio
Um Warrior you mind fixing your character names? smile.gif Don't think Wolfgar is in this game, second time you've done that.
warrior_allanon
sorry, its the only problem with running in two games and making your posts for both at the same time
ErrosCallidus
Hey Tash...

So, do I know or should I roll to remember if the girls come in?
HeySparky
Likewise.
Tashio
You can make rolls, Willpower + Perception or Intution + Willpower
ErrosCallidus
Sean Chulain remembering if he's seen the girl in the photo before:

Rememberizing:
[ Spoiler ]

Just figured out how to do that... maybe help with the metagaming, and it's just damn cool cool.gif
Trigger
Remembering the girl's face: 3 hits

Also, I am going to make a Matrix search using her picture to try and see what I can dig up...2 hits
Tashio
Sorry for delay guys, one hell of a week + my mother up visiting for her birthday.

No-one remember seeing the girl around.

Matrix Search, Lisa Carmichael, daugher of Mr and Mrs S. Carmichael. Enrolled in a local primary school. Blood type O neg, no allergies, age 8.
HeySparky
I'm out of town from today (Tuesday) through Friday. I should have some time in the evenings for posting, but am giving a heads up in case I don't.
Tashio
kk Enjoy Sparks.

Anything you people want to do besides stand around in the rain and get rather soaked smile.gif or can we forward a bit?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012