Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Grunts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
cetiah

It's cool having 6 more-or-less generic grunts to throw at PCs, but I'm going to need more than that, along with their Professional ratings. It would be nice to have more Lieutenants, too, for each grunt-type.

Have any of you made some nice grunts for your games?

What about drones as grunts? Anyone tried it? Rigged or not rigged?
Jaid
i would generally speaking assume that drones as grunts will be unrigged.

rigged drones should generally speaking have an attribute and/or skill greater than 4, otherwise you're usually going to be better off with the typical drone's starting dicepool of 6 (more for some tasks) usually.
Wakshaani
Well, lessee, I have:

Racist Goons

Typical Gangers
Ghoul Pack

Security Guards
Mobsters
Triad Soldiers
Yakuza Thugs

Lone Star Cops
Knight Errant
Ninja

Corporate Fast Response Team

Lone Star SWAT team
Knight Errant Firewatch Team

Anything in particular that you're after?
cetiah

The Lone Star SWAT Team and Corporate Fast Response Team would be cool. And anything you want to share in the 2-3 categories. Thanks.
Wakshaani
QUOTE (cetiah)
The Lone Star SWAT Team and Corporate Fast Response Team would be cool. And anything you want to share in the 2-3 categories. Thanks.

Here's the first batch. Woo!

Grunts

Light Security Guards (Professional Rating 2)

The most basic type of security, the Light Security Guard is found in the vast majority of corporate facilities, as night watchmen, desk sergeants, and similar, low-risk areas. The majority of the time, the Security Guard's life is one of tedium, little hope of advancement, and a steady, if small, paycheck. When there's action, Light Security is taught to hunker down, call for backup, and try to not die. Oh, sure, the company wants them to be a bit more aggressive, but, they don't get paid enough to eat fireballs, thanks.

B A R S C I L W __ E I P
3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 __ 6 5 1

Skills: Pistols 2, Clubs 2, Perception 2

Gear: Armored Vest, Defiance EX Shocker, Fichetti Security 600
(Note that the Defiance EX Shocker may be used in Melee like a club, to stun)

Security Decker

Stick his head out to get it shot off? Shyeah right. The Security Decker was brought into teh fold years ago, having thought of himself as some big hotshot Console Cowboy, poking around with hacked programs two years behind teh curve and got busted. He was given a choice ... go to jail or finish school, then come work at a corporate computer college and hire in as security. That was a no-brainer. These days, he's a bit bored with the wageslave life and waiting to see some action, but, he spends most of his time barely paying attention to the job, using the wiz hardware he could never otherwise have gotten his hands on. He waits until a couple of alerts are in before dragging himself over to see what's going on, but in the instance of an intrusion, simply keeps the door locked and tries to call for help while counter-hacking any Matrix intruders.

B A R S C I L W __ E I P
2 3 4 2 2 2 4 2 __ 6 6 1

Skills: Pistols 1, Computer 3, Data Search 3, Cybercombat 2, Hacking 1

Gear: Armored Clothing, Fichetti Security 600
(Note that while the Security Decker has access to an armored vest, it's uncomfy, so he doesn't wear it.)

Novatech Airware with Iris Orb O/S (Response 3, Signal 3, Firewall 3, System 3) Sim Module, and Trodes.
Anaylze (3), Browse (3), Command (3), Edit (3), Encrypt (3), Scan (3), Armor (3), Attack (3), Sniffer (3), Track (3)

Triad Soldier (Professional Rating 2)

The more common footsoldier of the Triads, these warriors tend to spray automatic fire a bit wildly or attempt Gun Fu, but have a long way to go, yet, before reaching high levels. Sent in droves, they're cheap and easily replaced mooks with little investment and matching training.

B A R S C I L W __ E I P
2 3 3 2 2 3 2 2 __ 6 6 1

Skills: Automatics 2 Pistols 2, Unarmed Combat 2

Gear: Armored Clothing, Ak-97 with spare clip OR pair of Colt America L36, each with spare clip.

Triad Lieutenant

A soldier who has reached a level of trust within the Triads gains power, and a powerful status symbol, when he receives his first Warrior Tatoo. This mystical art is produced by the Incense Master of the Triad, etched into his very spirit as well as body. The mark of a True Warrior, it brings him great power, but also great arrogance.

B A R S C I L W __ E I P
3 3 4 2 2 3 2 3 __ 6 7 2

Skills: Automatics 2, Pistol 3, Unarmed Combat 3, Leadership 2

Gear: Armored Vest, pair of Colt America L36, each with a spare clip
(Note: The Triad Lieutenant has a Quickened Increase Reaction (Force 2) spell infused in him. Attributes are modified accordingly.)

Yakuza Punks (Professional Rating 2)

The front line of battle for the Yakuza, these punks are barely a step above the street gangs, usually concealing themselves in suits, but always a trace of their former life shows in exotic hair, chromed eyes, or similar cutting edge fashion a year behind the norm. The Yakuza have a thing for high technology, and this reflects in their soldiers.

B A R S C I L W __ E I P
2 3 3 2 2 2 3 2 __ * 5 1

Skills: Pistols 2, Blades 1, Unarmed Combat 2, Cybertechnology 1

Gear: Armored Clothing, Colt America L36 Smartgun, Knife
(Note: Yakuza Punks always have a little cyberware, .3 Essence or less. Typical implants are cybereyes with smartgun link (Those without take Smartgun glasses), non-retractable hand razors, fingertip storage compartments, and, of course, Datajacks)

Yakuza Lieutenant

B A R S C I L W __ E I P
3 4 4 4 2 2 3 2 __ * 6 1

[B]Skills:
Pistols 2, Blades 3, Unarmed Combat 2, Cybertechnology 3

Gear: Lined Coat, Ares Predator IV, Katana

Datajack, Cybereyes with Smartgun Link, Image Link, and Eye Recording Unit, Fingertip Compartment, Muscle Replacement (1), and Reaction Enhancer (1) (Essence of 4.3)

Mafioso (Professional Rating 2)

Burly white guys in ill-fitting suits? Check. The Mafia is old and stodgy, but has a huge social advantage when compared to most other crime organizations. They've worked hard to be seen as legit, or at least to have class, and have stayed away from the magic of the Triads and the high tech of the Yakuza, to instead stress basic social connections, which they do so well. The basic Mafioso is a legbreaker, here to back up the slick-talking mouthpiece, but also serves as teh most basic of soldiers in teh great crime war as well.

B A R S C L I W __ E I P
3 2 2 3 3 2 2 2 __ 6 4 1

Skills: Pistols 2, Clubs 1, Unarmed Combat 2, Intimidate 1

Gear: Armored Vest, Colt America L36, Extendable Baton

Made Man

The Made Man is above the footsoldier, a true member of La Cosa Nostra, the Made Man is a leader, but more importantly, a speaker. He's given to handle most deal making and arranging, giving orders, rather than simply hitting people. He runs rackets for the bosses and takes his share, but always does it with style.

B A R S C I L W __ E I P
3 2 2 3 4 2 2 3 __ 6 4 1

Skills: Pistols 2, Clubs 1, Unarmed Combat 2, Intimidate 2, Leadership 2, Con 1

Gear: Actioneer Business Clothes, Colt America L36, Extendable Baton
cetiah
Cool, cool. Porting them right into my game. Love the descriptions. Keep 'em coming! smile.gif
Large Mike
I have a team of medium-to-seriously-killitive Special Weapons and Tactics types. Expect to see them in the morning, and watch your players all of a sudden get six kinds of quieter on runs.
Aaron
I've got one or two new ones on the Grunts cheat sheet on my Shadowrun Resources page. I think it's just a bit of modification for Ares-specific forces, though. My game has been fighting spirits and drones lately; it's actually been a while since I've looked at the sheet.
cetiah
That's your page, Aaron? Man, thanks. That page really helped me get started with Shadowrun quick. The cheat sheets are especially helpful. My players think its funny that I even need them, but they really help a lot.
Large Mike

These were made for my own personal use, and tweaked as needed, so they are not textbook perfect. For instance, you'll notice that while the MP-5 starts as standard equipment, I stopped putting it in at some point. Also, they aren't built for readability, although their clear enough for the most part. Enjoy.

Lone Star SWAT Team

Grunt (however many is needed for the occation)

B 4(5)
A 5(6)
R 4(9)
S 2(3)
C 2
I 4
L 2
W 5
Essence 4.23
Init 13
IP 3

Skills: Automatics 5, Pistols 4, Unarmed 4, Infiltration 4, Perception 3, Demolitions 3

'ware: Reaction Enhancers 2 (B), Superthyroid Gland, Synaptic Booster

Gear: Shock Gloves, Predator IV, HK MP-5, Ares Alpha, Flash Bang x3, Smoke Grenade x2, Neurostun Grenade, Full Body Armor with Chemical Seal, chameleon suit, 6 thermal dampening, Helmet with Smartlink.

Note: Other than communications (an independant system), nothing is on PAN. SL is induction, and everything else is wired to the armor.

SWAT Troll Breacher

B 10(14)
A 4
R 4(6)
S 7
C 2
I 4
L 2
W 4
Init 10
IP 3
Essence 3.41

Skills: Longarms (shotguns) 5, Pistols 4, Unarmed 4, Infilatration 3, Perception 4, Heavy Weapons 4, Demolitions 3, Whatever A Combat Axe Is 3

'ware: Bone Lacing: Titanium, Symbiotes 2, Damage Compensators 10, Synaptic Booster 2

Gear: Shock Gloves, Pred IV, Panther XXL, Mossberg, Full Body as above, Smoke grenade x2, Flash Bang x5, Neuro-stun x2, det cord, Combat Axe on standby

SWAT Overwatch Mage

B 2
A 3
A 3
S 2
C 5
I 4
L 4
W 5
Magic 6

Skills: Automatics 3, Pistols 3, Spellcasting 6, Summoning 4, Banishing 4, Infiltration 3, Perception 3, Assensing 3, Getting Paid Too Much For a Guy Who Never Gets Shot At 4

Gear: Pred IV, Ares Alpha, SWAT Armor (as above), Sustaining Focus

Spells: Manabolt, Stabalize, Improved Invisibility, Mindnet, Heal

SWAT Rigger

B 3
A 5
R 5
S 3
C 2
I 4
L 4
W 4
Init 12
IP 3
Essence 5.51

Skills: Pistols 4, Dodge 5, Perception 4, Infiltration (vehicle) 4, Cybercombat 4, Electronic Warfare 5, Hacking 5, Pilot Aircraft 6, Pilot Ground Craft 5

Gear: Commlink (R 6, Sy 6, F 6, Sig 6), Analyze 6, Encrypt 6, Sacn 6, Armor 6, Attack 6, Biofeedback Filter 6, Decrypt 6, ECCM 6, Exploit 6, Steel Lynx x4, Banshee (what? It's a motherf**king SWAT team)

SWAT Combat Mage

B 3
A 4
R 4
S 3
C 3
I 4
L 3
W 6
Magic 6
Init 6
IP 1(3 with spell)

Skills: Automatics 5, Pistols 3, Unarmed 3, Assensing 2, Astral Combat 3, Spellcasting 5, Counterspell 4, Infiltration 3, Perception 3, Dodge 4

Gear: Shock Gloves, Pred IV, Ares Alpha, Flash Bang x3, Smoke x2, Spellcasting Focus 6, Combat Fetish x3, SWAT Armor

Spells: Powerbolt, Manaball, Stunball, Physical Barrier, Mana Bind, Ram Door, Levitate, Heal, Increase Reflexes

SWAT Hacker

B 3
A 4
R 4(7)
S 2
C 2
I 2
L 5(8)
W 5
Init 9
IP 4
Essence 4.1625

Skills: Cybercombat 5, Electronic Warfare 5, Hacking 5, Computer 4, Data Search 4, Hardware 4, Software 4, Dedge 4, Automatics 4, Pistols 3, Infiltration 3, Perception 3, Pilot Ground Craft 3

Gear: Shock Gloves, Pred IV, Ares Alpha, Flashbang x3, Smoke x3, SWAT Armor

Commlink: R 6, Sy 6, F 6, Sig 6
Programs: Analyze 6, Browse 6, Edit 6, Encrypt 6, Scan 6, Armor 6, Attack 6, Biofeedback Filter 6, Blackout 6, Decrypt 6, ECCM 6, Exploit 6, Sniffer 6, Stealth 6, Track 6, Agents w/ Attack 6, Armor 6, Exploit 6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012