Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strange German Shadowrun Movie...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Muskie
A quick Youtube Search on SR came up with this in the piles of Drek that is SR FPS Gameplay vids..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4kYkqjUF31Q&mod...related&search=

It's rather bad (Levels? a D20?!), But at least it's something...

Anyone wanna try doing a slightly more accurate SR short? nyahnyah.gif
Blade
There's a fanfilm contest organized each year by FanPro Germany with some quite good entries (but let's face it, it's really hard to do a real good amateur SR movie)

You can find two of them here.

There also was Eralston's machinima, made with Max Payne. I think you can find it on Google Video too.
Drraagh
What would be cool to see is to have some more English SR stuff. Germany really loves their Shadowrun stuff, but we don't get many videos here. D&D is so popular, people make their own fan stuff for that, but not usually for SR, or pretty much very little Cyberpunk stuff I've seen.
nezumi
I wonder why we don't see more Shadowrun games with a 5'6" dwarf who walks around with a pair of clubs but otherwise does nothing of note.
SL James
Because many Shadowrun players aren't quite that pathetic.
lorechaser
QUOTE (Drraagh)
What would be cool to see is to have some more English SR stuff. Germany really loves their Shadowrun stuff, but we don't get many videos here. D&D is so popular, people make their own fan stuff for that, but not usually for SR, or pretty much very little Cyberpunk stuff I've seen.

What would be cool would be more people doing translations. wink.gif

I really don't want to tell people I learned German just to get more Shadowrun....
Trax
At least German is a language you can use in the real world, unlike those people who learn to speak in Klingon, and that Elf language from LOTR.
Butterblume
QUOTE (lorechaser)
I really don't want to tell people I learned German just to get more Shadowrun....

Just claim one of your ancestors is german. Iirc that's true for about a sixth of the US.
Drraagh
QUOTE (Trax)
At least German is a language you can use in the real world, unlike those people who learn to speak in Klingon, and that Elf language from LOTR.

Or speaking Sperethiel. Granted, I can see uses for those languages in the real world, but only if you're dealing in telecommunications, computers or cryptography. They make great security features because, unlike a standard password which consists generally of a word from their native language it wouldn't be found by using most dictionary hacking programs.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Trax)

I don't know how well-done Klingon is, linguistically speaking, but learning Elvish ought to have real-world usefulness—granted, limited usefulness, but learning languages makes it easier to learn other languages.

~J
WhiskeyMac
I wish someone would make a Shadowrun version of The Gamers. That movie was freakin hilarious. It epitomized a lot of D&D games I've played over the years. You could probably find some of those German movies with English subtitles on the net, I know I have before.
Moirdryd
Klingon is avaiable to study as a language degree in several universities and colleges in the UK.
Kesslan
QUOTE (Moirdryd)
Klingon is avaiable to study as a language degree in several universities and colleges in the UK.

That hardly supprises me. 'Jedi' is a recognized religion in some countries as well.
Drraagh
And Klingon is 'practiced' worldwide. Klingon Assault Group is just one such group, and is taken seriously by some like the SCA and others are just casual fans.

And let's not forget the people who took a game mentioned in one book, and turned it into an actual game. Klin Zha
Rajaat99
QUOTE (Drraagh)
And let's not forget the people who took a game mentioned in one book, and turned it into an actual game. Klin Zha

Wow! I admit I'm a dork, but they win the dork prize.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012