Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ending themes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
warrior_allanon
Alright, i have things worked out for the artwork and how i'm going to work the visual aspects of the closing. However the argument has been raised of Pink floyd being to soft a closer song. After having listened through my music i have posted the top three choices for you to pick from, though i will take other options if you can think of something better. Now all of these are strictly instramentals and i want to keep it instramental so keep that in mind, otherwise, suggestions
hyzmarca
There is nothing wrong with a soft closing song. It should help you wind down from the show.

I'm going to suggest a classic, Mack the Knife. The EU only has a 50 year copyright on audio recordings so the early Louis Armstrong renditions are in the European public domain now and the Bobbie Darren version will be next year. The live Ella Fitzgerald version is nice, too, and takes some of the edge off the song but was released in 1960. It has the distinction of having earned her a Grammy because she forgot the lyrics.

And yes, I know it isn't instrumental.

(Note that US phonographic copyrights are substantially longer than 50 years so if you use this tactic you should publish in Europe.)
Sir_Psycho
Off the top of my head, hunting bears by Radiohead. It's instrumental, soft, simple but still twangy and electric.
Kagetenshi
As examples, Texhnolyze and Gantz used soft closing songs. I don't see a problem with SR using one. That said, closing sequences are generally 1:30, not :30.

~J
Moirdryd
Mack the Knife, all the way.
Kyoto Kid
...agreed, especially if you are serious about this stay in the PD (Public Domain). Royalties are a real pain in the butt & involve all sorts of legal stuff.

My former - former University, U of Wisconsin, has to pay royalties to none other than Michael Jackson for every time they play On Wisconsin because the schmuck bought the rights to it (along with a number of other obscure tunes) from Sir Paul McCartney a number of years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012