Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NAN Help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Deckard9732
New to shadowrun and thinking about the NAN. How is life there? Is it pretty much like the rest of the world but culturally Amerind? I have been to Mongolia where a good half of the population are nomadic still and the other half are urbanized is it like that?

NAN plus Megacity just does not feel right but the Corps and such are all there too. Just trying to get my brain around it. What are some good books? I have settled on running SR4 but there is nothing of substance in the core book.
Sir_Psycho
All I know is that the tribes play a large role there, Geatronics is an Amerind energy corp that supplies Seattle's power grid. I also know the Nan have a pretty fine military, and aren't messed with very much. I don't know if they're still as magically strong as they were during the Great Ghost Dance.

I imagine there is a lot of restored nature zones in there, but you can't dismiss them completely as back-to-nature, loin-clothed types, you cross their borders illegally in your T-bird and your likely to cop a few tip top fighter jets up your arse.
Kagetenshi
In Amerind Vegas people openly carry around SMGs on the streets.

~J
Thane36425
Its been a long time since I read the sourcebooks, but that life varies from place to place. Some are very back to nature while others make the megacorps look like pikers when it comes to despoiling the environment. Most are somewhere in between.

The tribal councils don't get along too well and there is internal competition and rivalries between the nations.

Most of them probably are settled these days and are a blend of Western and Amerind cultures. That will vary between nations, of course, as mentioned above.

Generally though, you can expect any non-natives to get the cold shoulder. That probably won't be open violence, except maybe in a rough bar or something, but they will almost certainly be treated curtly. Again, this will vary between nations and individuals. Law enforcement would almost certainly take the side of natives over outsiders as well, so stay out of trouble.

On the well travelled major roads you could probably find more polite treatment as the people sort of depend on traffic stopping for business. In the major cities, especially those with corporate enclaves, outsiders might get better treament too, just don't push it. That's pretty much all I can think of without digging up the books and reading them again.
Kagetenshi
IIRC Pueblo is relatively friendly, Sioux fairly unfriendly. I think Ute is mostly unfriendly, but less so than Sioux.

~J
SL James
I thought Ute was more hostile. The Sioux have an economy, so they can't be dicks to every foreigner passing through.
Demonseed Elite
Yeah, I'd say the Ute was the most unfriendly to foreigners. Sioux's problems with foreigners are mostly on a political level and probably don't exist on the street as much as they do in Ute, where the street and politics were the same thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012