Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Home Turf
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Trigger
@2Bit:

Your father will accept to watch your kids, but he will try and talk you out of doing whatever you are going to do. He will, however, not try and and physically stop you. I will allow you to run the conversation with your father then barring it stays within those guidelines.
yoippari
@trigger

What is the general decor of the rooms? Is it closer to low or middle lifestyle? He will do a quick search of most rooms avoiding the ones that have dead families in them but going ahead and searching the ones with only one dead person. If he finds anyone alive I'll handle that in RP.
Trigger
@yoippari:

The general decor of each of the rooms is a semi-authentic old school italian. There are a quite a bit of knick knacks and such in the rooms that are occupied by families but besides those the other rooms are very sparsely decorated, maybe a couple of posters of recent mob trideo classics and some of really old school (late 20th century) mob classics. Upon a detailed search of at least two rooms you notice that each of the room has a built-in private safe somewhere in the room, as the first two rooms you go through have them opened up and empty.
Trigger
@Redjack:

Beautiful post, it got me all choked up. That was a excellent post and I commend the writing of it. +1 karma to you.
Redjack
QUOTE (Trigger)
Beautiful post, it got me all choked up.  That was a excellent post and I commend the writing of it.

Thanks! spin.gif I didn't intend it to everyone else to stop everyone else posting though... eek.gif
Konsaki
I'm stuck on either Glyph or Trigger.
Glyph
I was waiting for a few more people to take their turn, but I figure a few days is enough, so I've got another post up in the IC thread.

*Edit* I thought I did. What the heck? I'll try to re-do it.
2bit
need to take my turn embarrassed.gif will find time on lunch break today. . .
yoippari
I do too, I'm just stuck on how to play out a couple things.
2bit
Trigger -

Where John lives can be up to you, but I figure he's in the same general area, maybe five to eight blocks away.
I envision John's place to be a low lifestyle apartment, about on par with Randall's own living conditions. He has a bit of extra space since his wife died, so there's room for the kids to crash. It'll be messy and stink pretty bad. John smokes, lives alone, and has lost most of his sense of smell. Things rarely get thrown away and the trash is only emptied every other week. Even though he's a mechanic, he doesn't really fix anything around his place. Once things break, they tend to stay broken. He figures he's on his way out the door anyway.

Randall's plan to get to his dad's place is to stay off the main roads, cutting through parking lots, backyards, empty lots, etc. wherever possible. He'll scout ahead, instructing his kids to stay back and keep quiet until he gives the signal to follow. If something happens to him, their instructions are to run home, lock the door, put Bowser in overwatch mode, and call grandpa.
Nuts and bolts info for Trigger:
[ Spoiler ]

yoippari
I don't want to god mode what Leon finds so I'll leave the specifics to you. What he is actively searching for is BTLs, drugs, weapons, though those were probably used and taken already, perhaps a decent commlink (one that is good retail or looks customized). Of course anything that looks shiny like a drone, credstick or whatever would catch his eye too.
2bit
Trigger - Unless I hear otherwise by tomorrow, I'm going to assume nothing eventful happens on the way to John's place and I'll move forward until Randall leaves there.
Redjack
Well I'm posted up to 9:35am. I'm kind of in a holding pattern waiting for other players to bring their characters closer in time to mine or ahead.

Where are the other half of the players?
Konsaki
I'd like to know where our GM is... It seems like he left us hanging to be honest.

We have this open world that we were left to describe, but there's alot of grey area there which only the GM can describe. Hence the reason you have a GM...
Trigger
Sorry guys, I know I have been slacking a little on this game, but I will pick back up on it, I have just been trying to figure out what to do with the world and how to bring you all together effectively.....
yoippari
I'm a bit behind the times because I figure someone wouldn't want to stick around a building half full of dead bodies half full of empty mafia apartments for too long so he is searching quickly. I could do a post light on the fluff that has him search the whole building. That should catch me up a bit.
Trigger
And do a Perception Test for your searching...
yoippari
[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
Alright, thanks...I will factor your findings into my next IC post and you will see what you get then....for now I have to go and ice my toe, I broke it today.
Redjack
How's the toe? Broke a few of those myself in the past. No fun. All I wanted to do was sit and veg out for the first week or so dealing with that. frown.gif
Trigger
It is coming along, along with my post for here....it is just difficult trying to figure out how I want this to move, it wasn't the most planned of games, but I have been working on it and I will have something soon. I am very sorry about the delay.
Redjack
I watched the Black Donnellys last night on NBC. I thought, How great this would fit in with the Home Turf campaign. A family growing up in the hood.. circumstances and life being what it is they find themselves about to lose a brother as a peace offering to the mafia... They go to war instead..
2bit
Trigger, would you like me to go ahead and post Randall getting his kids to his father?
yoippari
Same as 2bit. Should I post him searching the building and you respond with what I find or should I wait and have him search and find the stuff that you say he finds?
Trigger
@2bit: Go ahead and get Randall's kids to his fathers, I wasn't planning on having anything disrupt you

@yoippari: YOu find a collection of various amounts of nuyen adding up to about 1500, though it is spread between many safes on the floors of the tenament. You can post you searching and finding the stuff, but only up to there.
2bit
Trigger - in the interest of getting us together, maybe Randall's dad can live near where Leon is searching?
Redjack
@2bit - Great narrative!

@Trigger - Just wanted to make sure you had my reply to Fingers (via PM)
2bit
sweet, thanks smile.gif. Trigger, I'm going to leave it open ended whether or not the tenement Leon is searching is across the street from John's place. You can pick up the hook if you want.

and god, i'm really hoping once we all get together the IC stuff can get more conversational. I'm tired of being so long winded. dead.gif

-edit: ok, i moved Randall up to 10:05. His next move is to contact Watcher and meet up with him, unless Trigger wants to run a tie-in with Leon first as he's leaving. Tag, you're it.
Trigger
I am brewing something up....also +1 karma to you 2bit on the two excellent posts...I really enjoyed those.
Konsaki
Trigger
I'm wanting to move Katsumi over to a Stuffer to get supplies and stuff. I expect for her to have to walk around 5-7 blocks to get to one and once I get there, it will be chaotic as hell with people rushing to buy out supplies and hoarding.
Will me posting this up affect your planning too much? I dont have a post writen up at this time, so if you dont want me to post it's no sweat off my back, but I'm itching to continue posting.
Trigger
No problem with that, but there will be a lot of chaos in the streets, though no 'real' violence, so if you want include that as well.
yoippari
The more I try to write leon searching and finding some cred sticks the more I feel its just not enough info to post about at this point. So as far as catching up: Leon searches, finds cash, skips a few apartments due to dead families. ~10 am he would be looking out the window before heading downstairs to leave.
Redjack
@Trigger

Hadn't seen anymore replies in the conversation between Sean and Fingers. Didn't know if you just had writers block with that or forgot me.

Thanks!
-RJ
2bit
Was hoping Leon was going to post first >_<
Anyway, Trigger, Randall is scanning for nodes to jump into around the mafia tenement. The car or cars they drove in with would be a primary interest. Second, any of their commlinks; third, any sensor devices in the building; fourth, any other active or passive comms in the building.
Redjack
Eek.. 5 days and only 4 of 6 characters have checked in...
Trigger
Sorry guys, I am having technical difficulties with my computer at the moment and I will not be able to update with any frequency for awhile. So I apologize for any trouble and I will get back to this game as soon as possible.
Redjack
Ok, now that Ties That Bind are back up... Who all is left around from this game?
2bit
I'm here - I really liked Randall, too nyahnyah.gif Not sure trigger wants to resurrect this game or not...
Redjack
Boondock Saints has since become one of my favorite movies... And yea, I'd like to plan Sean Patrick as well!! We'll just have to see what Trigger thinks...
yoippari
I like Leon enough to stick around. Just hoping I can remember who he is.
Trigger
I would be willing to resurect this game as well, if you guys are all still interested in it.
Konsaki
It's been over 3 months since it died out. I've long considered this game dead and have lost exactly what I was trying to do with my character...
Glyph
I'd be willing to stick around, too. I liked Tasha, and it would be good to keep playing her.
Redjack
Looks like Redjack (me), 2bit, Yoippari & Glyph.
When do we restart? wink.gif
Trigger
Give me a couple of days to reread and refamiliarize myself with everything about this game and I will get it right back on track.
yoippari
I'll do the same to refamiliarize myself with Leon. I don't even remember if he has a decent back story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012