Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Home Turf
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Trigger
Alrigh this here is the OOC thread, where I will sort of set the back story and also allow you create your preliminary connection to one another before going IC.

So far I want Watcher to know Randall beforehand, having maybe used his hacking skills to augment any matrix skills of your own on one of your tougher PI cases. Tasha and Katsumi may know each from clubbing or Tasha may have once worked at 'Dancing Bare' as well and you could know each other from there. Leon, you may also know Randall, as you may have provided him with some work matrix wise before, maybe helping you by shutting the systems down in a house in Bellevue or somewhat. Watcher may know Katsumi if he frequents 'dancer' clubs at all, so could any other of you.

I will let you figure out your connections here and I will watch to see what hooks you may provide for me.
Konsaki
If any of you want to know Katsumi (Wild Kitten), just let me know in here and I'll hash it out in PM. For most people though, it will be a one sided thing where you know my character, but I wouldnt recognise yours. Depending on your decisions though, she could recognise your character though.

@Glyph
It would be cool if our characters knew each other by either of the descriptions, though it's up to you whether it's because of clubbing or working. Let me know which one it is and I'll PM you with what your character knows about Katsumi.
yoippari
Without knowing anything about Randall except that he is a hacker of some sort I would say Leon might know him.

@2bit
Is Randall associated with any of the hacker gangs? Or entirely freelance?
Glyph
@Konsaki:
Hmmm... working at Dancing Bare wouldn't quite fit Tasha. She's too solidly in the muscle niche of 'running, and she wouldn't do something that would undermine her tough-girl act (which she is already insecure about). She can be a wild party girl, though, so she probably met Katsumi when clubbing.

After you PM me, I'll PM you back with some details about Tasha. I'm trying to pare down her background to a physical description, a few details about what she does, and some of her more obvious personality traits.
Konsaki
Just to make it clear, by 'dancer' club it means 'Strip Club'.
2bit
Randall's full name is Randall Tate. If you have roots in this community, or close gang ties, you've at least heard the name Tate; it's an ork family that's lived here for three generations and is historically associated with area street gangs.
Randall probably won't know Tasha or Katsumi, though he knows people who know Katsumi, at least by her dancer name.

@voippari - Randall is freelance. Whether you know him or not would probably depend on what channels Leon would go through to find a hacker. If you ask friends around town, yes you might; if you use more professional channels like a fixer, probably not.
Redjack
Watcher is the street name for Sean Patrick O'Malley. This dwarf has lived his whole life in a neigborhood of Irish families affectionately referred to as Little Ireland. Most of these families were displaced from what was Ireland over the last half a century and congregated here. The fact that most of the kids there all go to the Sacred Heart School and that the concentration of Irish famlies is very high, a generation of kids have been produced who speak with accents despite never having never been to Ireland.

Anyone knowing or having run ins with the beat cops from Little Ireland five or six years ago might recognize him as having been one of them. These days he gets by working as a PI. He also frequents a number of the smaller pubs in Little Ireland drinking to Guiness or red lagers, never hard liqueur.
yoippari
btw, my sreen name is yoippari (よいっぱり), the underline hides the bottom of the "y".

Any one who has ties to either ork gang, Cerial Killers (hackers), or a couple of fences/fixers in downtown or redmond might know Leon as a thief. You also might know him if you needed to "aquire" something that was hard to get.
Glyph
QUOTE (Konsaki)
Just to make it clear, by 'dancer' club it means 'Strip Club'.

I kind of guessed. biggrin.gif

I've PMed you Tasha's information.

A more general description:
Tasha Deadeye is an elven gunsel who started out in Loveland, but has gotten out of that hellhole to the only slightly more hospitable streets of Tacoma. She is relatively new to the area, and only muscle, so she wouldn't have much of a rep yet. The other runners are likelier to have met her while out clubbing or hitting the bars, since she does like the night life.
Konsaki
General Info on Katsumi

Kat is a 21 year old elf who works as a dancer and makeup artist at 'Dancing Bare'. She has become one of the prime dancers since she joined in the past year and most patrons find her... well, you get the idea.
Most of her special patrons think there is something 'magical' about her since she can make them feel 'good' without even touching them. There are some rumors on the street that it's truly because she is one of the awakened and if you watched her enough, you might see and experience it.

OOC
Since none of you have spoke up to going to the 'Dancing Bare', I'm going to assume that Tasha is the only one who knows my character other than vague rumors.
Trigger
I am leaving on a trip this weekend in a few hours and I will be gone until sunday night. You can continue your discussion amongst yourselves here in the meantime, as I cannot guarantee that I will have internet access to be able to update or answer any questions in that time. Also I will announce my decision on the last team member at that time.
Trigger
Alright, the last team member is going to be deathglow, playing the character Joe. I will let him introduce his character and you can get acquainted, then we will begin.
deathglow
Joe is a 30 something ex marine, who’s been down on his luck. He’s been making a small living by working as a bouncer at bars and clubs in the local area. The problem is, he tends not to work any one place to long for one reason or another. Due to that, he tends to get around quite a bit. It is more than likely that at some point Joe has worked at the ‘Dancing Bare’, as well as many other places in the area. The characters might know him from any of these places. Though Joe is not the most forthcoming of people, he is always willing to talk too just about anyone if they make the first move.
2bit
Welcome aboard, deathglow. . . what race is Joe?
yoippari
Oh ya, Leon is an ork.
Konsaki
Joe is human.

Katsumi knows him from the time he worked at 'Dancing Bare' and the few times she has seen him working as a bouncer at some of the clubs she goes to with Tasha. Joe and Kat arn't friends but do know each other some and are on neutral to friendly terms.
Redjack
Ok, I'm about ready to watch the movie again... spin.gif
deathglow
Its always a good watch.
2bit
@yoippari -
Ok, if Leon's an ork there's a better chance of the two of them knowing each other. Let's say one or more of your street contacts gave him Randall's name. Randall's more of a guy that does work for people he knows, not a mercenary.
Trigger
Alright, this is all looking really good, so I am going to start up the IC thread by the end of the day.
Konsaki
Sounds cool.
yoippari
@2bit

That works. I'll PM some specific details about what Randall would know from working with Leon.
Trigger
IC thread is up and running now, hope you like how I started it.
Redjack
Trigger
[ Spoiler ]

2bit
LOL @ Konsaki smile.gif Lesbian elf stripper? That's one way to guarantee your spot silly.gif
Wait. . . lesbian elf stripper with bright blue hair and a cat name!

@Trigger:
[ Spoiler ]
Konsaki
I tell you that this is my first character with this type of backstory. It's just a beginning for my character and will be a hook for character building.

As for the 'Wild Kitten' stage name, her name Katsumi means 'Victorious Beauty' (At least thats what the name site says), shorten it to the first syllable and you get Kat, which is what her the people who know her will usually call her. Then it's an easy molding into her stage name.

Dont worry about the color of Katsumi's hair, it's more changable than cloths. It's bound to change colors and looks more than once in this game.
Trigger
QUOTE (2bit)
LOL @ Konsaki smile.gif Lesbian elf stripper? That's one way to guarantee your spot silly.gif
Wait. . . lesbian elf stripper with bright blue hair and a cat name!

@Trigger:
[ Spoiler ]

2bit-
[ Spoiler ]
Konsaki
Just working on my character's personality and whatnot.
Note: My timehack indicates when my post ends.
Redjack
@Trigger
[ Spoiler ]
deathglow
Sorry I havent posed in the IC forum yet. I have been writing some posts up but They arent quite done yet. Will hopeful have at least one or two done later tonight.
Redjack
Those are an awesome collection of opening posts!
(Though I'm not sure the lesbian scenes are in the right forum.. wink.gif )
2bit
@Trigger
[ Spoiler ]
Konsaki
QUOTE (Redjack)
Those are an awesome collection of opening posts!
(Though I'm not sure the lesbian scenes are in the right forum.. wink.gif )

Everything is PG, which is to forum requirements. nyahnyah.gif
yoippari
Should I assume that public transportation is running with the exception of the downtown train and street traffic in this area of Tacoma?
Konsaki
Sent you a PM Glyph.
yoippari
nm, brain fart mixed names around.
Glyph
QUOTE (Konsaki)
Sent you a PM Glyph.

Cool, I'll work that into my post.
yoippari
@Trigger
[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
QUOTE (yoippari)
@Trigger
[ Spoiler ]

The tenament is above ground, with a parking garage underneath.
Redjack
@Trigger
[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
Redjack, what kind of place is Sacred Heart...I haven't seen you give me any description of what it is like or who frequents it, so I have no clue as to who, if anybody, would be there right now.
Redjack
Sorry. Sacred Heart is the name I've seen given to a number of Catholic Chuches, schools, etc. I meant to infer a Catholic church. If the local Catholic church has a different name, I'l update my post. biggrin.gif
I googled for Catholic churches and found that morning mass at most is at 8am. (Not being Catholic I'm kinda winging it. <G>)
Trigger
Alright then, that said, there will be a mass being held at 8 am, but it will be very empty, with maybe 20-30 people attending at most. Most people are still too scared to leave their houses and will most likely attend the 11 am mass if they attend at all.

In front of the chair will be a lone usher, a stack of leaflets for mass next to him on a table. There will be a smattering of vehicles outside, but no one is standing around chatting outside the church like usual. Anyone present is already inside, crowded as close to the front of the cathedral as possible.

Hope that helps for you.
Redjack
Perfect. I'll just keep posting as usual. If I post past a point where you want to inject in the story, just chop my post at that point or send a PM and I'll edit.

-Redjack
Trigger
Cool, I am really letting you guys develop the world around, throughing my two nuyen when needed. To set the tone I am letting you all get the feel of your characters more before I start injecting too much of the story into place.
yoippari
I almost finished another long post when I reread your post. By renovated I'm assuming that you mean they raided the building, not that it is a mafia owned building that they renovated but people left things behind that are open to steal.
Trigger
Renovated as in reconstructed.....it used to be a beat up old building...now it is halfway respectable looking.
Konsaki
Hope that works with your plans, Trigger.
Trigger
It is nice, and it was as I was going to go along with, but I would ask that you PM with me some of the interactions before doing a post with so much NPC interaction and description.
2bit
@Trigger -

Randall will be checking in with his father next. He wants to see if he's ok, if the garage he works at is under new management, and if he can babysit the kids today. There's a good chance he's going to be doing something dangerous.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012