Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Campaign Advice
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
cristomeyers
I've hit something of a dead end in my campaign notes. The gist of the setting is the runners have become tied up in a plot by an Alamos 20K ring in Seattle to start a race war (step one in ridding the city of metahumans). The highest ranking member of the ring (a CEO of a mid-level but moderately influential corp) is feeding the runners info on targets to hit so he can use them to stir up racial tension. Once the bubble is about to burst, so to speak, he can cause an incident to spark riots and it all snowballs from there.

Now here's my problem, I've run out of ideas for targets for this guy to feed the runners. By this point in the campaign (they're not at this point yet, I make note far in advance and tweak as necessary) they'll have destablized a largely Humanis neighborhood, which forms the seed of the plan. Destroyed a smuggling operation that is providing Alamos with weapons, and cacked another corp exec (which will get painted as random metahuman violence or something, haven't worked that one out yet). Anyone got any ideas for other things I can feed the runners that would stir up racial tension or could be used to do so?
Cheops
Have them sabotage the O.R.K. offices in Seattle.
Unarmed
You could maybe have them take out an anti-metahuman politician, as long as said politician wasn't really that important to Alamos. He'd have to be less important than the eventual goal, anyways. Easy enough to make that one seem like it was done by radical metas.
Zen Shooter01
Ridding the city of metahumans can't be step 1 in the race war plan. It's the goal of the plan.

Kill a Lone Star patrol and blame it on metahuman radicals. This will provoke an LSS response.
cristomeyers
I like that one, I've been looking for a reason to sic Lone Star on them anyway. All good so far, though I don't know much about the O.R.K. organization...actually, scratch that, I know nothing about them.

You've got the plan backwards. Race War = Step 1. Though riots would probably be a better term.
Butterblume
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01)
Ridding the city of metahumans can't be step 1 in the race war plan.

Sure it can. If further steps include exterminationg metas in the country, continent, worldwide...
Kyoto Kid
...ran in a session which involved racial issues.

[ Spoiler ]

...apologies to my GM
cristomeyers
KK, tell your GM that I'm not worthy...

That's bloody perfect! Almost the entire team is meta, mostly elven. The only humans are a street sam and an NPC that by this point won't be on their side anyway.

I think we've found out how to spark the rioting...
Kyoto Kid
...this was actually a run that occurred before the Metroplex elections. We basically ended up pawns of Brackhaven who was trying to play to the anti-Meta sentiment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012