Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need help stating out a vehicle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kronk2
Ok here is the deal. I am Running a game based off of a submarine that I pulled out of the back of my mind.

She has a semi rigid skeleton. I think she is 150m long and about 30 across and about 15 high at the apex. She is powered by a very large set of 2 hydrogen fuel cells, tapping the voltage off the hydrogen exchange. She is propelled by a 4 bands of 6' long cilia along the periphery and at about 30 degree intervals along the longitudinal axis.

she carries 8-12 torps and has a respectable compliment of anti ship missiles.

My thinking is that she would be VERY fast and manageable in the water, and that her skin could absorb most of the acoustic noise of the chassis. in the water she would sound more biological than mechanical. Oh yah over all fore to aft she can flex 10 degrees.

I guess mostly what I am looking for here is the speed/handling numbers. Oh and signal.

Kronk2
oh yah I am thinking she would make between 25- 47 knots. with a cruse speed of 30knots
Kesslan
Ill have to look up knots to KPH conversions again. It's horrible but even having doen alot of sailing and mesured speed in Knots I've never really done the actual math behind it eek.gif

For signal raitings etc well... just look at the comparisons. HOw detectable do you think it should be? How good are it's sensors?

From the sounds of it you want a stealth boat, which means a low signal. It wont be as low as a meta human but maybe more akin to picking up say.. a medium sized whale or something. I'm not sure how easy that is to do IRL mind you but I"m sure you can find some sort of comparison chart somewhere.

As for handling numbers. Ehh.. well it's still a pretty big boat. So I'd put it's control about on par with a large truck. I dont have my books with me or I'd pull up some handling number suggestions for you etc.
Kronk2
30 knots = 55.56 kph
42 knots = 77.78400 kph
well I think she could, without her anti detection stuff running, pass with 3 miles of a fleet and not be detected. With the full suite running she should be able to get with in a few kilometers of her targets easy.

Btw thank you for helping.
cetiah
QUOTE (Kesslan)
From the sounds of it you want a stealth boat, which means a low signal. It wont be as low as a meta human but maybe more akin to picking up say.. a medium sized whale or something. I'm not sure how easy that is to do IRL mind you but I"m sure you can find some sort of comparison chart somewhere.

I assume you can always lower Signal if you want to, so its probably better to assume a large boat has a significantly higher Signal rating than a common comlink.
Jaid
QUOTE (cetiah)
QUOTE (Kesslan @ Jan 24 2007, 05:30 AM)
From the sounds of it you want a stealth boat, which means a low signal. It wont be as low as a meta human but maybe more akin to picking up say.. a medium sized whale or something.  I'm not sure how easy that is to do IRL mind you but I"m sure you can find some sort of comparison chart somewhere.

I assume you can always lower Signal if you want to, so its probably better to assume a large boat has a significantly higher Signal rating than a common comlink.

i assume he's referring to the modifier to detect the sub with sensors, not the range of it's wireless network.
cetiah
Ooops. embarrassed.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012