Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual-natured critters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
Exactly what the title says.
Demerzel
Yes, but due to the fact that it is natural to them they do not receive the -2 dice penalty to all purely physical tasks.
Kyrn
Although if past editions are any indication, all dual-natured PCs missed the class in kindergarten where they teach the barghests, ghouls, and shapeshifters how to interact seamlessly in both worlds.

Stupid gimping...

Man, why the Hell do I still want to play a ghoul?
djinni
QUOTE (Demerzel)
Yes, but due to the fact that it is natural to them they do not receive the -2 dice penalty to all purely physical tasks.

unless you are a ghoul
Demerzel
QUOTE (djinni)
QUOTE (Demerzel @ Jan 24 2007, 05:56 PM)

unless you are a ghoul

cite your source?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Demerzel)
QUOTE (djinni @ Jan 24 2007, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (Demerzel @ Jan 24 2007, 05:56 PM)

unless you are a ghoul

cite your source?

The 3rd edition Shadowrun Companion, p. 36. A player character with a dual nature can spend a simple action to astrally perceive (suffering the normal penalties for doing so), but can be attacked astrally all the time whether he's astrally perceiving or not.

---

Of course, those rules were incredibly bad, so will hopefully be completely ignored in subsequent publication.

-Frank
Demerzel
Well damn Frank, I was going to jump down his throat for citing a SR3 document, but now I won't be able to. When vent and have to verbally abuse someone else the blood is on your hands. nyahnyah.gif
Kyrn
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
The 3rd edition Shadowrun Companion, p. 36. A player character with a dual nature can spend a simple action to astrally perceive (suffering the normal penalties for doing so), but can be attacked astrally all the time whether he's astrally perceiving or not.

---

Of course, those rules were incredibly bad, so will hopefully be completely ignored in subsequent publication.

-Frank

Please, please, please. I don't wanna be a walking meatstick for spirits!
djinni
QUOTE (Demerzel)
cite your source?

ghouls are blind
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012