Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Shadowrun miniatures
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
GM on the Threshold
First off, I'll just say I love Iron Wind Metals and have bought tons of minis from them for my games (and who can say anything bad about a company that sends me email saying they think the movies I work on are cool).

But I always seem to need more variety and don't have enough time to do mods anymore. I came across these by ramdom chance. Some of the figs look perfect for street sams, adepts, gangers, cops, mages, etc.

http://www.aberrantgames.com/rez/products.php
BishopMcQ
Thanks for the info!

The CSO look like they'd be great for CorpSec and LS, while the Mercs, Ronin and APAC offer a broad selection for runners to choose from. There are even a few drones for rigger characters.
cristomeyers
Wow, I'm surprised no one came across these sooner. The game's called Rezolution. It borrows very heavily from Shadowrun and a wide variety of other animes/movies/books ranging from Witch Hunter Robin to the Fifth Element to create its setting. The rules are pretty heavily based on Shadowrun pre-4th ed. Good game if you're part of the minis crowd.

There are a lot more models than just those listed on the site. Aberrant's a small company and having trouble keeping up with updating the site. A lot of the Ronin are a little too, I guess impovershed looking, to see very wide use, but oh well, there's a lot to choose from and there's more on the way:

Vaticana
AJCarrington
You might also like the look of these minis:

Infinity

AJC
lorechaser
Duuuuuuuude.

I hate you. Seriously. My wallet also hates you, a lot.

If they were prepainted, I'd probably have to find you and hurt you. A lot.
AJCarrington
Then you really won't want to look at these:

AT-43

A little more "sci-fi" and not as much selection, but excellent pre-paints that are NOT collectible.

AJC
Thanee
This is a cool miniature for a female SR christian theurge...

CLICK

Bye
Thanee
ShadowDragon
Do you guys know of any cheaper minis? I can't afford paying $7+ for each mini. Maybe something plastic that's not hand painted? Right now my group is using Warhammer 40k minis, which works OK, but half painted space marines don't exactly make convincing gangers.

I was actually thinking of just making little cardboard cutouts of pictures.
Kyoto Kid
...Well I Like Rezolution's APAC Bishoujo Senshi especially the one in the Schoolgirl outfit. That would be perfect for KK4.3 though I'd have to change the weapons to the classic Katana and Wakasashi combo.
the_dunner
QUOTE (ShadowDragon)
Do you guys know of any cheaper minis? I can't afford paying $7+ for each mini. Maybe something plastic that's not hand painted? Right now my group is using Warhammer 40k minis, which works OK, but half painted space marines don't exactly make convincing gangers.

I was actually thinking of just making little cardboard cutouts of pictures.

There are several good lines of printable paper foldover minis. S. John Ross's company Cumberland Games has a number of different lines that are actually font substitutes. They work very well, but there aren't a ton that are really ideal for Shadowrun.

RPG Now has a number of different lines of printable PDFs. One set that I like a lot is the 21st century Heroes line from Microtactix. However, if you just look through the printable paper minis section of RPG Now, you'll see quite a variety of different options.

If you can find a copy, the old DMZ boxed set had decent card board minis. (As did the 1st edition Shadowrun GM's screen.) Watch eBay, sometimes both of those go dirt cheap.

Finally, check eBay or your FLGS for large lots of HeroClix or HorrorClix -- especially the commons. You won't find many cybered up characters, but there are a number of figures in each line which are perfectly appropriate for Shadowrun. I've found these for 25 cents or less, when buying decent sized lots or picking through a box of Commons.

On a tangential note -- it looks like a lot of the figures folks are linking are 28mm. It's not a huge deal, but those guys are going to look a little out of proportion next to the IWM/RP official Shadowrun figures. The official ones were all done in true 25mm. So, some of these 28's are going to make the RP Trolls look pretty short.

HTH!
Thanee
QUOTE (ShadowDragon)

For gangers... the old Necromunda plastics.

Bye
Thanee
stryker
Basically we use a mixture of the prepainting StarWars figs from Wizards, as well as, the DnD prepainted miniatures... not the best, but hey... what are ya gonna do! Stormtroopers make convincing gangers don't they? biggrin.gif

- Stryker
stryker
QUOTE (the_dunner)
On a tangential note -- it looks like a lot of the figures folks are linking are 28mm.  It's not a huge deal, but those guys are going to look a little out of proportion next to the IWM/RP official Shadowrun figures.  The official ones were all done in true 25mm.  So, some of these 28's are going to make the RP Trolls look pretty short.

HTH!

Are the 'Rezolution' minis 25mm or 28mm - can't tell...

- Stryker
AJCarrington
I'm pretty sure they're 28mm.

AJC
cristomeyers
I've got almost 20 of them so far, plan on getting more (I play Rezolution) They're 28mm.
Mahoutsukai
honestly the infinity models look much more nicely sculpted then the rezolution models, painted better as well. as far as cost, pewter minis are expensive, on top of the models cost you need paints, brushes files, primer, and a clear flat spray sealer. if your not into TT games, its a lot for just a few stand in minis for your rpg. someone linked to at-43, great game. also at-43 has THE best prepainted figures on the market. not only are they painted well but the models themselves dont look like crap like most of the prepainted minis do. the white stars are perfect for LS stand ins.
lorechaser
QUOTE (Mahoutsukai)
honestly the infinity models look much more nicely sculpted then the rezolution models, painted better as well. as far as cost, pewter minis are expensive, on top of the models cost you need paints, brushes files, primer, and a clear flat spray sealer. if your not into TT games, its a lot for just a few stand in minis for your rpg. someone linked to at-43, great game. also at-43 has THE best prepainted figures on the market. not only are they painted well but the models themselves dont look like crap like most of the prepainted minis do. the white stars are perfect for LS stand ins.

I submit that the majority of people that paint minis do not do so so that they can run them in 40k tourneys. They do so because it's THEIR PC.

The AT-43 stuff is good for a single, specific look. The Rezolution stuff has a lot of different styles. If you aren't going for the corp soldier, there's the freaky gutter punk, Samurai wannabe, SURGE reject, etc.

Not that I have any of them, but I think the Rezolution ones are the best overall, assuming a competent painter.
Thanee
Or hunt down the old Ral Partha ones. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Thanee)

Bye
Thanee

...I still have several of these, including the ones with the bikes.

For the original KK I used a mini from the old Bushido game.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Thanee)

There's not a whole lot of hunting involved. All of them are still available from Iron Wind Metals. Most of them are in their on-line catalog. The rarer ones that aren't can be requested via a phone call. (Though, you'll need the old Ral Partha catalog numbers for those.)
lorechaser
Currently I'm using a mixture of DnD minis and things from Heroscape.

If you look, you can find a lot of stuff in the Heroscape line, though it's slightly out of size.

Since their theme is "The BATTLE FOR ALL TIME" (aka "All the stuff that we think is cool") you have a fair mix of stuff.
stryker
QUOTE (Thanee)

Bye
Thanee

I was just lucky enough to by a lot of 60+ RP Shadowrun minis off of Ebay... biggrin.gif
Demerzel
I wonder if you're the one that outbid me. nyahnyah.gif
Thanee
HERE's one (female Adept or Samurai), which some of you might like. Definitely fits the Shadowrun style, I'd say. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (the_dunner)
There's not a whole lot of hunting involved.

Nifty. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Thanee)
HERE's one (female Adept or Samurai), which some of you might like. Definitely fits the Shadowrun style, I'd say. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

...hmm swap out the blade and futuristic looking gun for two mondo revolvers, do some stylised painting of her clothes and yeah, I could see it working for KK4.3 (though I still like the one in the schoolgirl uniform from Rezolution)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012