Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: De-celeration Grips and Foregrips
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Phaeton
Ok. I was wondering if you could put a mounted foregrip on a weapon and get additional RC. Example: If you took an Ares Tommy Gun and put De-cel Hand Grips II on both the main-grip and the foregrip, could you get a total of +4 RC from that? Or rather, would it be legal/acceptable? Or just rules abuse to some degree?
Backgammon
What the hell is De-cell Hand grips II?? Am I missing something?
CoalHeart
I was wondering the same thing. Also what's an ares tommy gun?
Ed_209a
I'm wondering the same thing.

So... A standard foregrip gives RC1. A personalized handgrip also gives RC1.

"De-cel Hand Grips II" sound like RC2 versions of the above...

I personally wouldn't allow RC on the handgrips of anything with a stock.

[edit]
Sorry, not clear enough. I meant the _rear_ handgrip. A front handgrip can certainly make a shoulder fired weapon more controllable.
[/edit]
TinkerGnome
The disadvantages of custom handgrips make them plausible when used rifles, etc., but something without those shouldn't be. However, I'm assuming this is something from non-canon sources.
Phaeton
De-cel grips are from the Shadowrun Supplemental, as is the Ares Tommy Gun. I was using the Tommy Gun as an example. Sorry. >__<
Shadow
It's good to clarify those things first, Phaeton. As good as the Supllemental is, it is not canon. So when you ask a question about a non canon item it would be good to list the wheres and whats.

i.e.
Shadowrun Supp. #13
Under new equipment
Sahandrian
The handgrips are page 13 of TSS07.
There's a tommy gun on p34 of TSS03, but it's not Ares.

And when he asked me, as his former GM, I told him I'd let it stack, but I'd max the foregrip at a -2 recoil mod, instead of -3. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure a foregrip and padding would work in different ways, and I'm not sure I'd give the bonus for the padded grips on the front anyway.

Personally, I don't like underbarrel mods of most kinds, so I wouldn't bother with this idea on one of my characters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012