Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ultraman!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CoalHeart
Troll with Cyber arms, Cyber torso and Cyberlegs cyber.gif cyber.gif
Ambidex edge
retractable Tracking mounts on shoulders, forearms and upper thighs.
All smartlinked, to track whatever he was aiming at

Each mount loaded with either heavy pistol or a sub machine gun with recoil mods as needed and paired weapons in his hands

two simple actions per turn, untold amounts of bullets in the air

P.S. I really need to stop smoking my lunch grinbig.gif
The Jopp
You forgot gun mounts on lower arm so you can mount one extra SMG per arm. That would be EIGHT SMG's. All with GV4 and underbarrel weight. All firing at one target, five rounds each. That's a FA with 40 rounds. Oh, sorry, forgot one SMG in each hand, 50 FA rounds in the air.

I don't even want to calculate the damage code. dead.gif

Hmm, forgot that there are som extra recoil to count. Who cares. Lets see. Supressive fire rule with eight SMG's all firing at the same target with fifty rounds. eek.gif
CoalHeart
oh Yea, that too!

I wonder if you can mount an extra set off your calves. hail of bullets!
Morphling The Pretender
One Smartlink processor can't target more than one gun or more than one target. Unless you purchase 10 processors and get the interconnectivity to work (another pain) you can pretty much forget the Slink. Also, all of those mounts need to be DNI adapted to fire.

I've tooled with this stuff before. Most practical I thought would be 2 Obv. Cyberarms, retractable DNI'd Mounts, and 4 SMGs with GVIII. That's 20D for 8M guns. Of course, there are other problems. Need ambidex, and offhand SMGs, and blah blah. This gives you room for other stuff, like WR2 or something.

Neat idea, but not too practical.
CoalHeart
Just thinking about my own idea makes me laugh (God I'm hopeless!)

A gang of Humanis goons corner this big troggy in a dark alley. Yelling and screamin, bats clubs, pipes, knives and whatever else on hand to bash him up good.

The big trog is like "You don't want a piece of this" He then throws off his long coat that was just there to hide his chrome body.
He pulls two nasty looking SMGs from his belt holsters and points them at the gang. His forearms pop open, his shoulders pop open, his thighs pop open and his calfs as well. Out of every new opening comes the muzzle of a gun.

The gang turns to run away and get chewed up. Bullet casings go flying everywhere, The trog isn't even aiming really, just laying down an insane amount of fire.

The Jopp
QUOTE (Morphling The Pretender)
One Smartlink processor can't target more than one gun or more than one target. Unless you purchase 10 processors and get the interconnectivity to work (another pain) you can pretty much forget the Slink. Also, all of those mounts need to be DNI adapted to fire.

Hmm. I think you can work around that. There IS a way but I can't find it right now. The theory is to make one weapon the "primary" one with a targetting laser and to have all the others to be slaved to that gun. Whatever THAT gun fires at all the others will follow.
The Frumious Bandersnatch
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 30 2003, 03:50 PM)
I don't even want to calculate the damage code. dead.gif

Why's that? Just because they're all aimed at the same target, that doesn't make it a single FA burst. Each weapon is handled individually, complete with their own attack rolls. Now *that* would be annoying, sure.
Dr Vital
Your character also would need to have an extreme allergy to airborne pollutants.

Ultraman could only be exposed to earth's atmosphere for 3 minutes at a time, but it's that allergy that makes him grow huge.

Perhaps he's secretly a spellcasting adept. Dedicated to fighting toxic foes!
Shadow
Smartlinks are not compatible with multiple weapons. If you use more than one gun, you can't use a smartlink. Unless you have some house rules, then hell, have him have SMG's in his eyes to.

Cool visual though...
Buzzed
You also may want to be double jointed to get your aims just right.
Tai-Pan
QUOTE (Shadow)
Smartlinks are not compatible with multiple weapons. If you use more than one gun, you can't use a smartlink. Unless you have some house rules, then hell, have him have SMG's in his eyes to.

Cool visual though...

If thats the case, then what's the point of having the Smartlink Induction Pad for sale separate from the entire System?
Shadow
You can build the smartgun system in pieces and I belive it is either less expensive or less essence intensive.
The Frumious Bandersnatch
QUOTE (Tai-Pan @ Oct 30 2003, 09:19 PM)
If thats the case, then what's the point of having the Smartlink Induction Pad for sale separate from the entire System?

So that you can have a pad in either hand, and thus use a firearm in either hand if you need to (but still only one at a time). Or you can ignore them altogether and continue to use that datajack you already have installed if you don't mind the cable. Or any other similar reasons. You also gain all the secondary benefits of a smartlink even when weilding dual (or more) weapons, including visual ammo readout, clip ejection, biometric safeties, and all the other fun stuff if/when applicable.
tisoz
QUOTE (Morphling The Pretender)
<snip>Need ambidex, and offhand SMGs, and blah blah<snip>

Wouldn't ambidexterity rule out needing off hand weapon skill?

Are there off hand ranged weapon skills? I was going to get them on a skillsoft one time and noticed none were listed. My evil idea was using normal skill and combat pool for dominant hand and chipped skill and CED for off hand.
Lilt
It depends what your GM lets you get away with. I doubt you'd be able to shoot a single target for drek but with all of them on full auto using the suppressive fire rules from CC... OW.
CoalHeart
Er wait you guys are saying this is an almost possible character? I didn't think the rules could support something like this. Hell I'm tempted to give it a try... some day. Ah well back to work. talk to you guys later
Phaeton
Hmm. Use Ingram Super Machs for more bullets flying. rotfl.gif biggrin.gif
hobgoblin
the reason for haveing smartlink induction pads as a loose item is given in M&M as you can then use say a imagelink as a standout for the eye display part of the ssytem and so on (full simsense rig in replacement of the limited sinsense rig the base smartlink system comes with)...

hmm, you could argue that with 2 induction pads and 2 smartlink cus you could build a system that works with 2 gunsat the same time as reading the same set of data from the simsense isnt realy a problem and a display that cant take more then one source of into at the same time isnt worth mutch (paint crosshair at coords 23,45 and 24.66)...

the real problem is, can you focus on 2 crossg\haris at hte same time? most likely no. thats why most of us are only able to write reliably with one hand as thats a skill that takes a good deal of focus...

but if you see the smartlink as being "indicate target with mental command, gun gets moved to target" then its a whole diffrent story...

the guy can be done, alltho there are no rules for fireing more then 2 guns at the same time (alltho you can just stretch the 2 gun rules i guess)...

oh and phanteon, 15 boxes = LN (light naval) damage code i think...
sir fwank
you've obviously never seen my four armed troll of doom.
Ed_209a
How about using the sentry gun concept to essentially make each shoulder mount a drone. Plop a laser designator into the cyber eye for targeting.

Perhaps you install the circuitry to give up control of your cyber arms to drone circuitry on command.

4 mounts, tracking the same red dot.. Could get ugly.

Tanka
QUOTE (Ed_209a)
<hack>Could get ugly.</hack>

Too late! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012