Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legality
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
zariel
I want to know what this line means for legality codes. 4P-BC/D
I already know its a Permit level 4 but the last section confuses me... help?

mfb
this is explained in the SR3 book, towards the beginning of the "street gear" section, under the "legality" heading. oddly enough.
KosherPickle
QUOTE (zariel)
I want to know what this line means for legality codes.  4P-BC/D
I already know its a Permit level 4 but the last section confuses me... help?

Okay, so no legality code goes like "4P-BC/D". It'd probably be "4P-B". The "P" stands for "Permit", as in, a permit can be purchased for possession and/or transport. The letter after the dash, in this case "B", tells you what type of ordinance it is. The chart is right before the Street Gear section, as has already been explained.

The number is the target number for a Police Procedures check by a law enforcement official, once he notices the weapon. The lower the number, the more likely they are to deal with you. That being said, I wouldn't stroll around with a bunch of 1-K material.
zariel
Id like to clarify for you. This is a Legality code for bioware (Muscle Toner and Augmentation) from Man and Machine. The code is 4P-BC/D(pg. 67).
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (zariel)
The code is 4P-BC/D(pg. 67).

What printing and language is the book? The English first printing gives 4P-Q.
BitBasher
That means IF a cop sees it and rolls a 4 or better on his Police Procedues skill (which is damn likely he will do) then he is going to call SWAT for backup because that's security/military grade cyberware. It's not worth his life to ask you about it in person without the cavalry on the way. biggrin.gif Maybe not that extreme but you just punched his sense of paranoia right in the jimmy.

The second number just tells you what classigication of cyberware it is legally. B is Bioware, C/D is Security(Paramilitary)/Military.

Fan, Drek... Drek, Fan... good to see you aquainted. biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
One wonders how a cop is going to notice muscle toners and augmentation.
Of course, if you're already in a medical exam, you've got more problems than just your illegal 'ware.

~J
BitBasher
That was why I made it a big IF wink.gif Bioware is pretty much undetectable to an observer in most cases. If you were to toss a motorcycle at someone then he may make a few inferences. biggrin.gif
mfb
*snort* bioware can't take you above the natural max, remember? that's one of its "features".
Lilt
There may, however, be records of your character having the bioware installed somewhere. Also: if you're taken to hospital for trauma surgery then there's a chance it'd be noticed and you'd have a team of LS elites ready to take you in for questioning when you came round (still on 9 boxes of physical-not the best time to fight back).
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (mfb)
*snort* bioware can't take you above the natural max, remember? that's one of its "features".

Which for a typical human is 9.

Ooh, how crippling.

~J
Bölverk
QUOTE (zariel)
I want to know what this line means for legality codes.  4P-BC/D

In referring to Muscle Augmentation and/or Toner, it's a typo. (See the errata.)
zariel
thank you bolverk that helps me out alot.
Traks
So how is read that 1-G in table in Shadowrun book?
Of course P means permit, which in this case does not apply smile.gif
That the police officer must roll 1 to see my railgun, and after that he calls reinforcements to enforce level G punishments? That table really got me confused, and that is why I do not use it, just seeing if equipment is legal.

Then why there are concealability rules?
Isn't that a number against which police and scanners roll?

Traks
Posted twice, deleted.
Kagetenshi
The number in the legality code is the number to roll against to see whether, after the officer has noticed the item, they're going to do anything about it. Some officers really don't want to hassle the man with the pair of SMGs under his coat.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012