Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emergency question: Cost of monowire?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
What are we looking at in terms of cost?
Jack Kain
Well first off you may be thinking of microwire which is 50 nuyen per 100 m. It deals 8P damage if not handled with the special gloves.

There is no monowire, there are monofilament whips. But no monowire listed in the book that i'm aware of.
djinni
QUOTE (Jack Kain)
There is no monowire, there are monofilament whips. But no monowire listed in the book that i'm aware of.

yep yep generally when referred to monofilament, the gear named "microwire" is used.
Jaid
i agree, just use the microwire. it's much easier to get, and deals as much damage from holding your weight as a monowhip deals.

furthermore, you don't want to risk making monowire expensive, generally speaking. it is far better that it be cheap and your players can buy it (particularly since they can already easily get microwire) than it is to have the players abort a run after stealing all the monowire around the building and retire from the proceeds of selling the wire on the black market.
djinni
don't forget if it's cheap they won't raise an eyebrow to the gangers having it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012