Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Crakkerjakk
First, does anyone know any sourcebooks that might contain detailed information on how exactly the gridguide system in Seattle works? Or any sourcebook that has info on what exactly the Mayan Cutter is?(Mayan Cutter is a serial killer who has been terrorizing Seattle, for those who don't recognize the name)

Second, if there isn't any detailed info available from official sources, dowes anyone here have house rules for what functions gridguide performs?

Finally, if there's no solid info what exactly the Mayan Cutter is, is there any info at least on why he's called the Mayan Cutter, his MO, history, etc?

Just wondering, because I've seen references sprinkled here and there for both the cutter and gridguide, but nothing more than that.
cristomeyers
The Mayan Cutter is, AFAIK, an Amerind shadowrunner with a penchant for scalping his victims. He's also a Novacoke addict. There's an adventure somewhere concerning him. He's bad news.
Moirdryd
Isnt grid guide something touched upon in Rigger 3?
eidolon
For a detailed description of what Guidguide is, what it does, and how it works, see Rigger 3 (Revised).
Crakkerjakk
Tango Yankee Victor Mike, Eidolon
JongWK
QUOTE (cristomeyers)
The Mayan Cutter is, AFAIK, an Amerind shadowrunner with a penchant for scalping his victims.  He's also a Novacoke addict.  There's an adventure somewhere concerning him.  He's bad news.

You're confusing him (her? it?) with the Native American sammie from an adventure in Runner Havens. The Cutter is a serial killer linked to Lone Star's William Loudon:

QUOTE (Runner Havens @ p.77)

Chief William Loudon has been at the helm of Lone Star Seattle for the past two decades, and he definitely looks like he’s seen better days. With retirement looming ahead and the psycho that made his career somehow back on the streets, Loudon
is trying to leave a lasting legacy in Seattle.

I never had the time to turn the idea into website fiction. It involved LS, the Mob, a priest, and some Central American mojo. Maybe I should try again when I have some spare time ? devil.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (JongWK)
I never had the time to turn the idea into website fiction. It involved LS, the Mob, a priest, and some Central American mojo. Maybe I should try again when I have some spare time ? devil.gif

I'm not headbanging, I'm nodding! grinbig.gif
eidolon
QUOTE (Crakkerjakk)
Tango Yankee Victor Mike, Eidolon

November Papa.
Ancient History
QUOTE (JongWK)
You're confusing him (her? it?) with the Native American sammie from an adventure in Runner Havens.

I was wondering when you'd show up.nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (JongWK @ Feb 7 2007, 04:07 PM)

Yes, yes you should. And you should find time soon. And then you should link it, and announce it from on high. May be that I'm being just a bit over zealous, but I love conspiracy games, and this one has potential.

Oh, ,and for the short answer on Grid Guide, it's basically the system that directs Seattle's traffic. It controls the cars that are set to "auto" and routes them through the traffic system. Also helps to keep track of where a car is at, so it can be very handy if youo can hack it. Also heavily patrolled in the matrix since it's such a critical system for the city and such a gem for runners.
adamu
So - and pardon my ignorance - there is nothing about it that involves electric cars tapping into it for juice?
adamu
There - on page 9 of the original (masterpiece) Seattle book - "The city has a good road system. A web of multi-lane highways gridded for electric cars ensure travel across the metroplex..."

Now, if that is nothing more than traffic management, why does it only work for electric cars and not internal combustion vehicles?

(Sorry I don't have my Rigger 3 with me right now...)
adamu
Sorry to keep popping back up -
New Seattle p. 16 - "Electric cars are not recommended in some areas of the Barrens; the grid system is often damaged or nonexistent."

Herald of Verjigorm
Rigger 3, start on page 15. Gridlink (the powering subsystem) is explained on 16.
eidolon
QUOTE (adamu)
Now, if that is nothing more than traffic management, why does it only work for electric cars and not internal combustion vehicles?

(Sorry I don't have my Rigger 3 with me right now...)

It does work for regular ol' gasoline vehicles. It works for guidance and tracking.

The only "perk" electric cars get from using GG is that they can tap into it and draw their operating current from the system, rather than relying on their on-board power supply.
fistandantilus4.0
which made the Seattle black out so much more fun
eidolon
Yup. I ran that bit of Brainscan in with the campaign that I had set in YotC (they occurred in the same year, I love the timeline explorer), and it made for some interesting play when the part of the city that the team's safehouse was in shut down.

Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (adamu)
Sorry to keep popping back up -
New Seattle p. 16 - "Electric cars are not recommended in some areas of the Barrens; the grid system is often damaged or nonexistent."

...unless they're fuel cell electric (R3, hopefully reappearing in Arsenal).
Crakkerjakk
@ JongWK

I was thinking a free blood spirit with possession.

Maybe from Azzie experiments.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012