Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metaplot speculation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
bibliophile20
Ok, metaplots for SR4...

Well, calling them as I see them:
Just going from Threats 2, a goodly number of those were more-or-less neatly tied up (the less neatly being our dearly departed Art Dankwalther).

However that being said, Pax and the rest of her tribe are unaccounted for, and she's just for starters. If I'm doing the math right, she'd be in her early 30's in 2070, so her Otaku abilities would definitely have Faded; the 64,000 nuyen.gif question, though, is, did her "remaking of the Matrix in her own image" (a.k.a. the Crash 2.0) work as intended and is she now a Technomancer? She's almost undoubtedly still around--I don't see her killing herself like some of the otaku did--but in what form and with what abilities I have no idea.

Still, I have no doubt that she's still active in one way or another--if Puck, her Judas, is still active (and probably a TM himself) then she is as well--as I said before, she has too much attitude to just up and die. Perhaps that "Bureau of Heaven and Earth" that he mentioned has something to do with her? (either her or Deus, that's what my money's on, with a slightly lower probability that they're tracking JackBNimble's handiwork--i.e. the ghosts in the machine of the people who got stuck in the Matrix after the Crash)

Okay, that's number 1; number 2 is even more speculatory:
Alright, for 2061, a.k.a. the Year of the Comet, a.k.a. the big 50 for the Awakening, we had all sorts of fun stuff like SURGE, natural orichalcum, Ghostwalker and shedim. So now the question is, what's going to happen on 4/30/2071, or the 50th for Goblinization? I doubt that people are going to be as unconcerned as they were at the beginning of YotC--they'll probably be as tense as all hell when that date rolls around.

Well, numbero uno, I think that we're going to have another mana surge--but to what effect, I don't know--the possibilities are just too numerous. Best case scenario: another couple percent of the population Awakens. Worst case: more magically enhanced diseases make an appearance.

Number 2 for 2071, another kind of free spirit makes an appearance; we had insect spirits for 1rst and 2nd eds, and shedim for 3rd, but for 4rth, I have no clue--again, the possibilities are too numerous--heck, we had shedim before, how about dybbuks now?

Number 3, this is a gimme--we have another shakeup between some great dragons. But which ones is the big question, but my money's on Hestaby and Lofwyr.

Number 4: more natural orichalcum, or some other fun new enchanting metal?

Ok, moving on...

Deus and the other A.I.s: any bets or speculations? Afterall, I assume that the Network is still alive, albeit comatose--so that's a possibility/major danger there.

So, any thoughts/comments/other rampant speculations?
MYST1C
Well, the first plot book will be about Technomancers and cover the year 2070 - let's see what's in there.

In addition, another plot book (as yet without title and unknown contents) has been announced...
Claw
I'll think we'll have some "new" metaplots coming. There are surely some hidden plots you can only discover with carfull reading and a lot of speculations now coming into the light and there are surely some plots only in the thoughts of the developers and freelancers.
Thain
FanPro seems (from a close reading of Runner Havens, and a few other spots) to be stepping up the corporate space race; Now, I don't want the game to become Spacerun, but I find it an intriguing bit of background.

All manner of goodies should be able to float down from the orbital labs into the streets... all manner of threats, too.
fistandantilus4.0
Well there's that launch platform on Kiliminjaro...

And DE's really got me interesting in the Hong Kong scene, and the techno ties ins in the Heaven and Earth section. Still wondering about stuff from Shadows of Asia and Tibet and all that.

Im thinking they're going to back off the spirit stuff for a bit (free spirits,shedim and the like) and focus on the new matirx, sprites/daemons there, that sort of thing. Maybe define what the resonance is a bit more. After all, back in 2nd edition, otaku were rumors, and then defined, and then statted as PCs. Then the resonance was rumored, then the dissonance, now there's technomancers....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012