Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An idea for a "Horror" campaign
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gerzel
The basic idea goes like this.

The "Horrors" gather the life essence or energies from several worlds to feed, killing the beings of those worlds. In older times when the Horrors were young this was a hunt, as there was a good chance that the horror it self would be killed by the prey.

The game revolves around a Horror turning sides, and actively warning the 6th world of its coming brethren. The reason being that the Horror feels that the hunt has been corrupted.

"Predator and Prey have honor and worth in their relationship. Raising cattle for slaughter is a worthless being."
Fix-it
TWIST: is he actually trying to help, or is he trying to make a better challenge?
Gerzel
Challenge, and fully admits it.
bibliophile20
I am being reminded of the Hirogen from Star Trek Voyager and the Predators from the movies, that the Hunt must be challenging, with worthy Prey, for there to be any honor and glory in it. *snort* sounds like a guy I know on Xbox Live--he doesn't like going after the n00bies; he will find the top level guy on the other team and start hunting him instead.

But is that the essence of it? That this guy would rather go hunt the terror birds and the saber-tooths than the herd animals?
Garrowolf
I am actually running a game with a close premise.

The Horrors are extremely powerful but they require a very high mana level. They have a whole series of demon minions that act as invading army to soften up the worlds and raise the mana levels. The lesser demons summon the greater demons. Both of which worship the horrors.

A tribe of demons tried to stop serving them and escape but they were mostly caught. They are rushing through as refugees trying to escape. Some of the other demons are starting to change sides and fight back.

A small group of demons and refugees are here. The thing is that they have an illusion on them that makes them look like metahumans. The PCs have something that allows them to see them normally and are trying to stop the incursions with the help of the refugees. The PCs go on shadowruns in order to get the money to fight the demons.
Grinder
QUOTE (Gerzel)
The game revolves around a Horror turning sides, and actively warning the 6th world of its coming brethren. The reason being that the Horror feels that the hunt has been corrupted.

Does the Horror actively hunts other Horrors? If yes, I suggest you have a look at Buaalgathor (sp?).
Butterblume
Reminds me of Raymond E. Feists works. But then, stories like that has become clichee (old powers emerging again to destroy the living - anyone seen buffy? wink.gif)

edit: I just remembered, Barbara Hambleys Darwath Trilogy has a nice twist to this story biggrin.gif.
Sir_Psycho
No... What's buffy?
Butterblume
I can only assume you are joking wink.gif.
knasser
QUOTE (Butterblume)
I can only assume you are joking wink.gif.

Or truly blessed. Please, nobody tell him. He's happy at the moment.
Butterblume
One way to put it wink.gif.

Since it just came up in another thread, that horror story is even the backbone of Babylon 5 biggrin.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012