Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running Brainscan with SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
I have a new group of victims players who want to give SR4 a try, so I offered them a few scenarios: 2070, '64, '59, etc. The idea of finding out what happened to the Arcology caught their attention, so now I have a bit of a problem.

I can use deckers with a few modifications, but Otaku might pose a problem. I don't think any of them will play one, but still...

Has anyone come up with some house rules for them?
Aaron
How about running them as technomancers without wireless capability? Perhaps balancing that with allowing them to have a datajack implant without Resonance loss?
JongWK
That's a possibility I've considered, though where do we draw the line? One implant? As many as possible?
Rotbart van Dainig
Otaku were even free to turn into CZ without suffering any direct defects to their special abilities...
Demonseed Elite
If the players don't play any, then you don't have to worry about balancing as much, since anyone who works for Deus is pretty much expected to be badass. In that case, you could use the technomancer mechanics and just allow them to implant cyberware without Resonance loss.

If balancing is a concern, I'd limit it to just networking cyberware that has no impact on Resonance, like datajacks.
JongWK

If the players don't play any, then you don't have to worry about balancing as much, since anyone who works for Deus is pretty much expected to be badass. In that case, you could use the technomancer mechanics and just allow them to implant cyberware without Resonance loss.

If balancing is a concern, I'd limit it to just networking cyberware that has no impact on Resonance, like datajacks.

My only worry is one of the players, who had an otaku in my previous SR3 campaign. She might want to play the same character now.

If no one plays an otaku, it'll be less of a problem. Deus always liked to experiment with its subjects... wink.gif
Mistwalker
I started a campaign in the Arcology. It was great. All the players were in the mall when it went down, most as mundanes, with no cyberware.

They ended up with a lot of delta grade cyberware, by way of Deus experimenting. They worked as part of the resistance.

Once it all ended, they were perplexed by some periods of black out that they all suffered. biggrin.gif
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Mistwalker)
I started a campaign in the Arcology. It was great. All the players were in the mall when it went down, most as mundanes, with no cyberware.

They ended up with a lot of delta grade cyberware, by way of Deus experimenting. They worked as part of the resistance.

Once it all ended, they were perplexed by some periods of black out that they all suffered. biggrin.gif

Oh god... you didn't make them part of the Network, did you?
Mistwalker
What else would they be part of?
grin

luckily, none of them knew what the network was, at least at the begining.

Towards the end, they knew, and were trying to determine if they were Deus controlled or not (mind blank, can't remember the name of the other AI that was mixed up in the network, Maegra?).

Game ended, due to people moving, so they never did find out who the were "supporting"
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Mistwalker)
What else would they be part of?
grin

luckily, none of them knew what the network was, at least at the begining.

Towards the end, they knew, and were trying to determine if they were Deus controlled or not (mind blank, can't remember the name of the other AI that was mixed up in the network, Maegra?).

Game ended, due to people moving, so they never did find out who the were "supporting"

Dayam... and I thought that I've had evil GMs...

That's a nice trick, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012