Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adept centering
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
crimson ronin
does this include dodging multiple opponents? ranged attack modifiers? switching targets? multiple targets? burst modifiers? also do you use centering skill or your initiate grade(dice)or both? thx
Eryk the Red
There is no Centering skill in SR4, so you just use your Grade.
Kyoto Kid
...there is in Street Magic
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...there is in Street Magic

The only skills added in SM are Arcana and Enchanting.
Kyoto Kid
...my bad. Thought he was referring to the metamagic ability & not a specific "skill" per se. I have often heard metamagic referred to with the "skill" label by players/GMs. The only other term that comes to mind is from the game that should not be mentioned here
Ancient History
Interesting fact: The Grimoire introduced metamagic to Shadowrun in 1990, but the original Tome of Magic that introduced metamagic to AD&D was relesed in 1991.
Aaron
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Interesting fact: The Grimoire introduced metamagic to Shadowrun in 1990, but the original Tome of Magic that introduced metamagic to AD&D was relesed in 1991.

I can't even begin to express how much I appreciate how you make me feel less like a complete nerd. =i)
crimson ronin
the reference for adept skills (actually examples)is listed for centering for mages in mainbook thats your refered to that when reading centering in street magic but its kinda shaky(to me)what dice your using im accustomed to rolling centering skill(zen or something not involving vocal or somatics) but i didnt know if you also added grade or what?
Demerzel
SR3- you add your centering skill dice as centeing. SR4 you add your initiate grade. Or in the case of adepts you offset by up to your initiate grade.
ornot
QUOTE (Aaron @ Feb 22 2007, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Feb 22 2007, 01:43 PM)

I can't even begin to express how much I appreciate how you make me feel less like a complete nerd. =i)

Ditto! And making me feel like less of a nerd is actually pretty hard.

Although I have to appreciate AH's tremendous efforts, which go a long way towards detailing much SR stuff from old books that would otherwise be lost to time. Or at least to me.

I also tend to enjoy his posts... but enough arse kissing... Geek!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012