Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smartlinks, Eye Displays, and Guncams
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Phaeton
Ok. I have an ork street sam of doom I'm making. I give him the full Smartlink 2 set-up, including eye display. I give him a weapon with a guncam on top. If I give him a datajack, do you think that the eye display would suffice for purposes of displaying the guncam's field of view?
Lilt
No, the eye display would not be sufficient. AFAIK it can only do basic line-drawing overlays (crosshairs ETC) to your normal field of view. You'd need an image link to do the trick you describe.

[edit]Or if you had a cyberdeck you could do it on a display link (running it through a real-time video to ASCII conversion program)...[/edit]
Phaeton
QUOTE (Lilt)
No, the eye display would not be sufficient. AFAIK it can only do basic line-drawing overlays (crosshairs ETC) to your normal field of view. You'd need an image link to do the trick you describe.

[edit]Or if you had a cyberdeck you could do it on a display link (running it through a real-time video to ASCII conversion program)...[/edit]

Ah. Thanks!
TheScamp
And the Image Link could also double as the eye display for the smartlink
Siege
Actually, I think there is some debate as to whether the Image link can also perform the same function as the retinal display.

Any canon decisions either way?

-Siege
Lilt
Also: There are no rules for it but you may want to consider adding penalties for recoil (doubble?) for firing a weapon at a severe angle to your arm.

Siege:
QUOTE (Smartlink Subsystems And Accessories @ P32, M&M)
For example, a user with an image link doesn't need the eye display.
Siege
Spoon!

-Siege
Game2BHappy
[edit]never mind....[/edit]
TinkerGnome
Buy your smartlink piecemeal and use an image link for the display component. Then make sure you've got an interconnection between the guncam feed and the eye system and you should be good to go. Not to mention the fact that there are 101 good street sam uses for the image link.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012