Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March 15, 2005, 01:31 PM
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tisoz
People say everyone remembers exactly where they were when they heard the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, or they heard Kennedy was assassinated, or I suppose we can add, when they heard of the hijackings on 9/11.

But what happened March 15, 2005 at 01:31 PM? This was the time of the most people logged on to Dumpshock. I was out of town working that day.

Is this when news broke about the plans for SR4? I cannot think of too many other things that would tune in so many of us geeks.
Austere Emancipator
smile.gif

It's a fair bet I was right here.
Shadow
It was when the news broke about SR4. And if I recal it quickly turned from jubilation to anger. Nearly two years later, and about 20 game sessions of SR4 under my belt, I still feel SR3 was a better system, and could have been salvaged to make a great system. Ah well.
Kagetenshi
I wouldn't call it "quickly". It took, IIRC, a month or so, and I don't remember the being-angry-all-the-time (yeah, I get too involved in this game, no need to lecture me about it) starting for me until May or so.

~J
Tanka
You expect me to remember two years ago when I can't even remember what I had for lunch last week?

Oi vey.
Rajaat99
I was right here, complaining with about half the people. The other half would've sawed off their left arms to get a sneak peek.
Backgammon
I remember a post about it being an april fool's joke. Then hous later it was officially revealed. I was at work. It was very exciting.
Nikoli
On this board, spankulating with the rest of the non-insiders as to what was what
will_rj
I wasn´t online at that time, considering the time zones and all. A quick glance at my notes and i see that i was probably leaving work and eager to get home and spend sometime with my son. (He was born in March 9, 2005)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012