Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Corporation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
bibliophile20
Ok, this documentary, The Corporation, is a must watch for anybody, regardless of who you are, but especially for us runners. I'm watching this and I clearly remember thinking at one point in the latter half of the film, "Who needs the Shiawase Decision anymore? We're already here..."

Anyway, the neat thing is, the producers apparently aren't in this for money because the version that I'm watching is the freeware version, completely legal to download. You can find it on IsoHunt; for your convenience, here's the search already done for you; you want the set at the top of the list; just fire up your torrent downloader and prepare yourself for the intellectual antecedents of Captain Chaos and the Chromed Accountant...
tisoz
Yeah, I borrowed it a while back from my local public library. Nice documentary.

Another documentary in the same vein is the one exposing Walmart practices.
Arethusa
I thought it was worth watching, if not particularly great. There's some really good stuff in there, and it starts with a very solid premise (ie "If a corporation is legally a person, what kind of person is it?"), but it meanders quickly and loses strength, and there's some just factually wrong stuff in there (Moore's Fanta thing is just not true, and the real story is a hell of a lot more interesting anyway).

Still, as much criticism as I have for it, it's worth watching. There's just much better stuff out there, and some of it's even available on Google video. Hell, I've uploaded some of it myself.

And, yes, I am still alive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012