Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corporate Logos
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
knasser

I'm just writing something and I need to know if the various megacorps have ever had logos designed for them. I vaguely remember a plumed, helmeted profile for Ares and Never Deal with a Dragon described Renraku's as a sylised radio dish.

Especially, I am after a logo or slogan for Shiawase.

Thanks,

-K.
Backgammon
Corporate Logos
knasser
QUOTE (Backgammon)
Corporate Logos

Fantastic! Fast and more than I could have hoped for. Shame Shiawase's logo is so ugly. Oh, well.

Thanks a lot. smile.gif

-K.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (knasser)
Never Deal with a Dragon described Renraku's as a sylised radio dish.

WHAT?!? That's a simple fractal with some words in it. How does someone get a radio dish out of that?

Also, Shiawase's looks a little better in color.
knasser
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
QUOTE (knasser @ Feb 24 2007, 10:32 AM)
Never Deal with a Dragon described Renraku's as a sylised radio dish.

WHAT?!? That's a simple fractal with some words in it. How does someone get a radio dish out of that?

Also, Shiawase's looks a little better in color.

Sam Werner looks out of the VTOL window and see the Renraku symbol on the side of the building which he says was a dot and waves coming out of it, meant to represent a radio dish. I remember it quite clearly, though I no longer have the book.

Of course, not every author of a game book has such an in depth knowledge of the trilogy as I do, so I guess it got changed. wink.gif

Is there anywhere that I can see the Shiawase logo in colour, btw?
Herald of Verjigorm
I thought I'd seen it somewhere, but until I can remember/rediscover where, here's some alternates: old logos

Now all I can find is the same B&W version that looks a little better in orange.
Butterblume
http://www.fanpro.com/sr/material/konzernl...nzernlogos.html

Some of the same logos as before, and some more.
knasser
Thanks to all three of you. I think the old Shiawase logo (green with gold lettering) was much nicer, but you're right - the new one is much better in yellow. Also some very useful information on the corp. I didn't think I'd get much response to this question, odd as it was. Thanks.

And on a tangent, I'm looking at the logo for the Draco Foundation and I can't imagine what idiot of marketing department would ever think that is a good logo for themselves. All it says to me (very loudly) is World Domination. Way to reassure the humans!

Cheers,

-K.
Butterblume
I, too, wondered about that strange draco foundation logo smile.gif.

I haven't paid any attention to corp logos before, but some of them are too awesome not to use on a handout or something.
Fix-it
QUOTE (knasser)

And on a tangent, I'm looking at the logo for the Draco Foundation and I can't imagine what idiot of marketing department would ever think that is a good logo for themselves. All it says to me (very loudly) is World Domination. Way to reassure the humans!

Cheers,

-K.

ah, but it's benevolent world domination... so no one really gets to concerned about it.
Synner
QUOTE (Fix-it @ Feb 24 2007, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (knasser @ Feb 24 2007, 10:16 PM)

ah, but it's benevolent world domination... so no one really gets to concerned about it.

Just what you'd expect from a "leader of the free world".

But to get back on topic, I'm quite proud of the Eurocorp logos I did - particularly the Z-IC one that made the cover of SR4. I have more on file though, can't remember if they got published.
Sir_Psycho
I've done courses in Design, specifically in logos, and the Saeder Krupp and Yamatetsu ones are wrong in so many ways, not to mention unpleasant.
Butterblume
Wasn't there a logo for SK far simpler, kind of a stylized SK in a triangle ar something, that SK personnel would wear on their uniform?
I might have it confused with something else, but if it doesn't exist, it should wink.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012