Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Captain Chaos, FastJack and the rest...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
bibliophile20
Ok, I was perusing URSGA's collection of old SR books (they don't have UB or Bug City, much to my disappointment) when I started wondering about some of the NPCs that populate the fluff that I find so enjoyable in this universe.

First, I have a question for the FanPro boys (although I don't expect it to be answered):
Do you have official but unpublished biographies/backgrounds for most of the more well-known but mysterious NPCs, like FastJack, Captain Chaos, Slamm-0!, Smiling Bandit and Dragonslayer?

I'm not asking for them to be published, but what I'm wondering is, is there a file, somewhere (perhaps in a filing cabinet even), where you have, say, Slamm-0!'s real given name, personal history, and other information that you use as a reference to keep things consistent?

Secondly, for the NPCs that I'm really curious about...

Captain Chaos:
Ok, as for what I know at this point:
Human, male, middle aged at time of death. Native to or at least extended resident of San Francisco but left after the JapanCorps came in. Used to work for a major news outlet with a three lettered logo (Fox, CNN, ABC...?). Likes good coffee. Resident of Seattle (duh!).

But as for personal history, I know nuthin. I don't know why he left his journalism job, where he was born, his parents, his siblings, nothing. So, anyone got any other nuggets that I might have overlooked (or missed; realistically, I've barely made a dent in the sourcebooks) that can be added to the bigger picture?

FastJack:
Don't know much here, for obvious reasons, and what I do know is common knowledge, but I'm still going to have a go at this:
Male, Caucasian, age 71. Born in the USA, had a reasonably good relationship with his mom (and lived near a museum with a decent dino collection). Resident of Seattle; contrary to popular belief, does get out now and again (he comments on the AR decor of the Cathode Tube, meaning that he's physically walked in there).

Aside from that, I, again, got nuthin. Also again, does anyone have more puzzle pieces to add to the picture?

Slamm-0!:
Male, mid-twenties, human, real name unknown. Aside from the stuff in Target: Matrix, I got nuthin. I have to wonder now, though, what his opinion on technomancers is, considering what he thought of otaku before.

Pax:
Aside from the stuff in Threats 2 and the copy of System Failure I found at Half Priced Books, I have nothing on this loony--and considering that, unlike Art and the New Revolution, her storyline hasn't been resolved yet, I have to wonder what happened to her (and, if she's still alive, what she's been doing the last five plus years)

Puck:
Ditto from Pax, although I know that he's in his 20s, actually has something of a conscience, and is possibly a TM--oh, and that Slamm-0! would like nothing better than to fry his gray matter one neuron at a time.

As for the rest, I've got little to nothing on them/their backgrounds, so if anyone has any nuggets of info to share... well, you know the drill.

Smiling Bandit
Chromed Accountant
DragonSlayer (wonder what happened to him? Lofwyr's lunch, mayhap?)
Nicholas Whitebird
Damien Knight

And anyone else I'm not thinking of at the moment.
Ancient History
There is a resource made available to freelancers to help define the characters and prevent contradictions when multiple authors use the same character. It's not a Game Bible in the same context of SLA Industries though, so no worries. smile.gif
Adam
A fair number of the big names in SR are also profiled in the Sixth World Wiki
Synner
Some of these characters (Fastjack, Smiling Bandit and Slamm-O!) are briefly profiled in Target: Matrix. Pax and Puck's respective backgrounds are briefly touched upon in Renraku Arcology: Shutdown and Brainscan IIRC (but nothing you won't have gleemed from Threats 2). You learn a little bit more about Dragonslayer and what he's up to in Loose Alliances and there's a sprinkling of information about Damien Knight in about a dozen books (including the Dragonheart novels). Those details serve as the basis for the freelancer resource Ancient mentionned.
Thane36425
Are they sure about Smiling Bandit on that Wiki site? From the things he knew, places he posted and such, I thought it was Harlequinn.
Ancient History
Heh. The Smiling Bandit <Strikes Again!/Ha-Ha-Ha> is from Ye Olde Shadowtech book, and an expert in matters biotechnical. Never says aught about elves, magic, ancient history, or the Powers What Is. So if it is H, it's a damn good disguise. There's a wee bio in Target: Matrix.
Adam
QUOTE (Thane36425)
Are they sure about Smiling Bandit on that Wiki site? From the things he knew, places he posted and such, I thought it was Harlequinn.

"You" are "they" on the Sixth World Wiki; if you think an entry has wrong information or is missing information, please post your queries on the "Talk" page attached to each entry, or simply add to or revise the main entry if you're sure that canon supports the modifications. It's a community resource created entirely by members of the community, and people reading it for mistakes and correcting them is a necessary part.

[Although in this case, I'm pretty sure the description is accurate.]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012