Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old news and IT
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abstruse
I just re-read Virtual Realities 2.0 and the conversation between Laughing Man and Ambrose. Two questions popped into my head from that.

1) Who is Ambrose? I think I remember somewhere there was a pretty strong answer to that, but from the indications in the conversation, it's someone old, but not an IE or dragon (called "pops" by Harlequin, but he also balks at that label from the IE, implying he's a) old, b) not nearly as old as Harlequin, probably born in this age, and c) knows about IEs).

2) Who or what is the IT they're talking about? It seems they're talking about the Deep Resonence as if it were personified as a real person. Any speculation on what IT is?

The Abstruse One
Ancient History
1) Dunno. Some people think he's Merlin (the wizard), some think it's a pseudonym for Ehran the Scribe.

2)"It" is thought to be the Deep Resonance, which may or may not be an Artificial Intelligence or Great Form Spirit of the Matrix.
Abstruse
I don't think it'd be Ehran, because he's older than Harlequin IIRC.

The Abstruse One
Ancient History
I believe they're of an age.
mfb
in the TT book, harlequin claims he's older. what that claim is worth, i don't know--he may have been just trying to put a damper on all those IE rumors.
Abstruse
I thought in Earthdawn, Ehran was already running around doing stuff while "some swordsman wearing facepaint" just recently showed up within the last few years...

The Abstruse One
mfb
well, actually, harlequin just said he had socks older than ehran. i suppose he could have inherited them from dunkelzahn, or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012