Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New settings: It's not just for D20 anymore!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SpasticTeapot
The artist of Yirmumah - an old-school webcomic known for its less than polite language - is releasing a comic book based around a man who finds the secret lair and power ring of a superhero who mysteriously disappeared.

...most people here could care less.

However, as a promotion, he's releasing the "journals" of the superhero - and, from the bit of them I've read, they may make a very interesting setting for Shadowrun, indeed.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Hero_By_Night_Diaries/

Some facets of the setting:

1. Low-key super powers and supernatural beings. Adept abilities (and maybe a few spells) would work very well in place of superhero abilities here.

2. Vampires and ghouls, who "reproduce" through...a virus. WizKids was kind enough to write all this out for us - making the conversion much easier.

3. Guns, cars, et cetera. Make the cars slower, clunkier, and less efficient, and you're done. Guns can be used more or less as-is, though most weapons would obviously be a bit less advanced (early Uzis, Stens instead of Smartguns, et cetera.)

4. Luck/karma/Super-Hero-Ness is a major part of being a superhero, and Shadowrun has this too.

5. For the Mad Science fans, frankenstein-esque "body modifications" can be ruled in - just treat them as bioware.

I've tried GMing SR a few times, and it never worked out well - too complex, and people ended up dead - they kept acting like they were superheroes. Shadowrun has almost everything I need - why bother working on any additional rules?

Any thoughts on my conversion, or other potential conversions?
Wounded Ronin
Um...I was planning on using the Shadowrun rules to write a lil 1 on 1 adventure where the protagonist is a freelancer working for the CIA in the 80s and as such gets to go to other countries and Team America away left wing political figures.
Sphynx
Super powers are easy to simulate in shadowrun, simply by increasing the rarity of cyber, high-tech gear and magic in the game and being alot more lenient on the 'how' the players got it. We played an 'Avengers' game once, where our magic came from either mutation or radiation, and most cyberware was treated as innate abilities, ignoring all cyber-damage rules. It was cool, though felt a bit too much like a LoneStar game. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012