Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Rat Trap
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
bibliophile20
Alright, I was perusing The Shadowrun Supplemental when I came across The Rat Trap (which will be making an appearance in one of my next games) when a part of the description got me thinking:

In addition to the popular consumer games, Myron has programmed a fully interactive Matrix environment for role-playing games, including the ever-popular Dungeons & Dragons 12th edition.

A) I have to wonder what the popularity of D&D would be in the Sixth World--perhaps more popular, as it would give people an opportunity for escapism (into a world where they can fight--and kill--dragons) or perhaps less popular, considering that, what goes on around them, it might not feel like much of an escape to begin with.

B) And I have to wonder what the dragons themselves think of it smile.gif Perhaps Lofwyr has it banned in S-K? (any of his employees that show excessive interest in being a dragonslayer would undoubtedly attract his attentions--and his appetite). But I have to wonder what they think of it: amusement, annoyance, not-even-taken-notice-of, derision, etc...

HullBreach
I bet he plays a Bard!
Thane36425
QUOTE (bibliophile20)
Alright, I was perusing The Shadowrun Supplemental when I came across The Rat Trap (which will be making an appearance in one of my next games) when a part of the description got me thinking:

In addition to the popular consumer games, Myron has programmed a fully interactive Matrix environment for role-playing games, including the ever-popular Dungeons & Dragons 12th edition.

A) I have to wonder what the popularity of D&D would be in the Sixth World--perhaps more popular, as it would give people an opportunity for escapism (into a world where they can fight--and kill--dragons) or perhaps less popular, considering that, what goes on around them, it might not feel like much of an escape to begin with.

B) And I have to wonder what the dragons themselves think of it smile.gif Perhaps Lofwyr has it banned in S-K? (any of his employees that show excessive interest in being a dragonslayer would undoubtedly attract his attentions--and his appetite). But I have to wonder what they think of it: amusement, annoyance, not-even-taken-notice-of, derision, etc...

It would probably just as popular as it is today. Remember, most people aren't magical in the least. Being able to play a mage in Vr would probably have quite an attraction.

Just think about the .hack/sign anime series.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012