Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fragged up chars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Protector152
most threads dealing with starting chars ask "how much can you get out of X BP" this one will ask "how much can you frag up a char" e.g. my hacker char Zapper has logic 6, intuition 5 willpower 5 and Gremlins 4. without Gremlins he would be a fairly good hacker. with it on the other hand... the limitations are 500 BP and no limit in how hard gear is to get. These guys need all the help they can get but you can still only spend 50 BP on gear and cyberware/bioware.

have fun! biggrin.gif
Jaid
ok... i'll take uncouth, infirm, and uneducated. i don't think it matters what else you choose, because the character is already toast. heck, any one of those things is enough to cripple a character horribly... all three is just a death sentence...
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Jaid)
ok... i'll take uncouth, infirm, and uneducated. i don't think it matters what else you choose, because the character is already toast. heck, any one of those things is enough to cripple a character horribly... all three is just a death sentence...

...Yeah Uneducated is a pain for KK4.3, but she manages. For one, it means more contact maintenance with her Hacker buddy Harper and having to make a computer test (yes, she bought the skill at 1 for double Karma cost) just to do simple things like making a commlink call, downloading a file, taking pix, or getting the autocook to make a veggie stir fry instead of beef stew. Sometimes though, I find it downright comedy when she screws up (with only a DP of 2 she does glitch a lot).

Of course she also cannot make use of tutorsofts, will probably never find an adept group to join (requires Arcana skill), and needs to learn things in the oral tradition or through trial and error on her own. Just means she needs to be more resourceful.

If the "homegrown negative qualities" thread were around at the time I first wrote up the character, I would have petitioned my GM to give her "Dain Bramaged" which actually fits her backstory more closely.

The original KK (SR2/3) had the Computer Illiterate flaw. The closest I could find to this in SR4 was Uneducated since it affected all technical skills.
Glyph
QUOTE (Jaid)

But that's 60 points, and you can only get 35 points worth of negative qualities! Typical munchkin, cheating already. nyahnyah.gif

Okay, all kinds of ways to make a character useless, but here's one. Start out as a full mage, with Magic of 6, then get 4 cyberlimbs and a cybertorso, with enough of it alphaware that you have 1 point of magic left (but no cyberlimb mods at all!). Take the Sorcerer negative quality to make all of your non-spellcasting skills nearly useless - get them high enough that he can roll one or two dice for them, but get spellcasting lower, along with a few spells that are useless at low force. Avoid counterspelling, which could actually be useful for this character. Mental stats will be high, so mess up his Charisma with the Uncouth flaw and no social skills. Round off with the hacking group at 1 and lots of useless knowledge skills.

Background - an opinionated loser blogger with Asperger's syndrome, whose awakening only fed his superiority complex, but he got caught in an explosion when a gas line ruptured. The company settled with the victims cheaply, and the hospital fixed his extensive injuries with cyberlimbs. Now, the homeless metal mage roams the streets, hoping that a shadowrunning team will take him on as a member. Unfortunately, none will, because he's useless! Even ghouls turn up their noses at him - too much metal, and not enough meaty bits. He lives in fear of a scrap metal dealer who has been chasing him, though.
Protector152
actualy you can only have 35 BP of positive qualities. you can have as many negative qualities as your GM lets you. anyway this is the full stat sheet for Zapper

Wally (Zapper, Neon)

Metatype : Human
Mundane

Attributes
Body: 2
Agility: 2
Reaction: 5
Strength: 2
Charisma: 1
Intuition: 5
Logic: 6
Willpower: 5

Edge: 7
Initiative: 10
Essence: 4.28

Knowledge Skills
English : N
Japanese : 4
Or'zet : 4
Sperethiel : 4
Matrix Games : 5
Computer Background (Programing) : 5
Dealers : 4
Security Design (Matrix) : 4
Finances : 2

Active Skills
Computer : 4
Data Search : 4
Hardware : 4
Software : 4
Cybercombat : 4
Electronic Warfare : 4
Hacking : 4
Archery : 4
Etiquette : 3
Negotiation : 3
Instruction (Technical) : 3
Locksmith : 3

Positive Qualities
Blandness
Lucky
Latent Awakening

Negative Qualities
Gremlins 4
Scorched
Konsaki
QUOTE (BBB Pg 80)
Negative qualities provide bonus BP that can be used toward the cost of attributes, skills, qualities, and other resources and abilities. Characters may not earn more than 35 BP from purchasing Negative Qualities.
Demerzel
proof.gif
Jaid
QUOTE (Glyph)
QUOTE (Jaid)

But that's 60 points, and you can only get 35 points worth of negative qualities! Typical munchkin, cheating already. nyahnyah.gif

in a standard 400 BP setup, yes. in a game where the limitations are 500 BP, max of 50 BP to resources? who knows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012