Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Different Sized Weapon Mounts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
IvanTank
I was thinking about adding another type of weapon mount for smaller weapons, for things like drones mostly. The cost would be 1,500, it would have an availability of 8R, it take up 2 points of body, and supports weapons up to the size of a machine pistol. This is primarily used for small drones (like the Lockheed Optic-X).

Maybe more weapon mounts as follows

size( largest size, body, cost, availability, max_ammo (normal), RC)
Tiny( holdout, 1, 500, 8R, 1, 0)
Small( MP, 2, 1500, 8R, 50, 2)
Normal( LMG, 3, 2500, 8F, 250, 4)
Large( any HW, 4, 4000, 10F, 1000, 6)

still not sure about the tiny though, don't like the idea of getting shot at by a fly (crash test if shooting while flying?)
IvanTank
As an aside, has anyone found anything about recoil compensation for weapon mounts? I wa just assuming that it would be equivalent to a tripod...
Jaid
tiny drones simply wouldn't have the mass to handle a gunpowder based weapon, to my understanding. they furthermore wouldn't have the size to handle an elastic based weapon (and by elastic, i mean that in the sense that the weapon stores potential elastic energy, or whatever the terminology is... ie, bow-and-arrow, crossbow, etc).

about the only type of weapon a body 1 drone should be able to handle is stuff along the lines of what the iball can hold; built-in flashpack, smoke grenade, etc. you should be able to get suicide drones, and possibly even drones that use gravity as the method of launch (ie minigrenade bombers or drones that plant bombs and scurry away), but that's about it. and of course, drones that use inhalation or contact toxins.

size 0, i don't think you could really even fit anything into. maybe a venom tipped, gravity-launched blowgun type dart. maybe. if the GM is feeling generous.
Jaid
QUOTE (IvanTank)
As an aside, has anyone found anything about recoil compensation for weapon mounts? I wa just assuming that it would be equivalent to a tripod...

i just assume that weapon accessories can be added as normal. you wouldn't call it the same thing, but it would have the exact same stats.

so, for example, you could give it a "braced mount" (read: bipod) or a "heavy braced mount" (read: tripod) if you want. you could give it "recoil absorbption" (shock pads) or an "automated turret" (smart firing platform) or a "gyro-mount" (take a guess).

you could also add in gas vents, silencers/sound suppressors, scopes, etc.

but the way i figure it, why waste time writing up new gear when the old stuff works fine with 5 seconds of name-changing.
IvanTank
QUOTE (Jaid)
QUOTE (IvanTank @ Mar 6 2007, 10:08 PM)
As an aside, has anyone found anything about recoil compensation for weapon mounts?  I wa just assuming that it would be equivalent to a tripod...

i just assume that weapon accessories can be added as normal. you wouldn't call it the same thing, but it would have the exact same stats.

so, for example, you could give it a "braced mount" (read: bipod) or a "heavy braced mount" (read: tripod) if you want. you could give it "recoil absorbption" (shock pads) or an "automated turret" (smart firing platform) or a "gyro-mount" (take a guess).

you could also add in gas vents, silencers/sound suppressors, scopes, etc.

but the way i figure it, why waste time writing up new gear when the old stuff works fine with 5 seconds of name-changing.

I would say that the braced mount increases the body requirement of a mount by 1, a heavy braced mount by two, and a gyromount by 3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012