Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Character robs shop
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Canterbury Tail
Just what we need, and they mentioned Shadowrun by name in their defence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_irelan...and/6425333.stm
Angelone
Wow, Underwear huh? As sad as the excuse is he'll probably get off (pun unintended). I don't think there'll be any roleplaying or Shadowrun backlash for this because well, it's too damn silly.

EDIT- Besides what kind of runner robs an underwear shop? Not counting that diamond underwear monstrosity.
cristomeyers
QUOTE (Angelone)
Wow, Underwear huh? As sad as the excuse is he'll probably get off (pun unintended). I don't think there'll be any roleplaying or Shadowrun backlash for this because well, it's too damn silly.

No more so than all the other idiots that do something stupid and try to blame the games they play. Remember when Dungeons and Dragons was considered a Satanic cult?

I mean, honestly, I've been playing Adnd for years now, and Satan STILL won't return my calls.
Cray74
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/norther...and/6425333.stm

"A man accused of a stealing underwear from a shop in a knifepoint raid believed he was a female elf at the time, Belfast Crown Court has heard. ... He told defence counsel Anthony Cinnamond that within his small social circle he had been participating in a game known as Shadowrun. "

Joy.

[edit]Drat: Missed being first by 2 hours.
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=16849

Topic Merged from SR4
Cray74
QUOTE (cristomeyers)
Remember when Dungeons and Dragons was considered a Satanic cult?

It still is considered Satanic in some quarters.
http://www.believersweb.org/view.cfm?ID=603
cristomeyers
QUOTE (Cray74 @ Mar 7 2007, 08:15 AM)
QUOTE (cristomeyers @ Mar 7 2007, 01:49 PM)

Probably the same people sending their 8 year old daughters to "Purity Balls"...

Because if there's one thing your 8 year old daughter needs to worry about, it's sex and abstinence.
nezumi
Hahaha!! Awesome. Nothing gets attention better than being a legal item implicated in criminal behavior.

I wonder what kind of run he was on that he felt he had to steal bras? Then again, he was playing a female, maybe he thought he couldn't buy them since he was SINless and his fixer wasn't answering.
HullBreach
LOL, I cant wait to see the version they do of that old 'darkest dungeons' comic for this!
PBTHHHHT
So he was larping... in Shadowrun? ... as a female elf...? Ugh.
Blade
QUOTE (Cray74)

In D&D even lawful good characters kill many other human characters in the name of duty to eradicate evil.

Fanatic and racist...
HullBreach
Oh god Fark got ahold of this, some of the forum posts about it are a scream! Heres the link:

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.p...?IDLink=2655470
Lazerface
QUOTE (Angelone)
EDIT- Besides what kind of runner robs an underwear shop? Not counting that diamond underwear monstrosity.
Jestercat
...wonderful. Just what we need.

Anybody taking wetwork? This guy needs to disappear. grinbig.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Double Thread. Topics merged. Have a nice Day. Don't rob any underwear stores.
nezumi
Wow, you can do that?? Awesome!
Witness
I look forward to reading a sly reference to this wonderful story in some future sourcebook.
Although it might not do "Beho's" sanity much good.
John Campbell
QUOTE (cristomeyers)
Probably the same people sending their 8 year old daughters to "Purity Balls"...

That term always makes me picture giant hamster balls to keep daughters in to keep them chaste.

Which would be both much less creepy and a lot funnier than what they actually are.
imperialus
Fanpro so needs to publish this as 4th editions "food fight".
cristomeyers
That term always makes me picture giant hamster balls to keep daughters in to keep them chaste.

Which would be both much less creepy and a lot funnier than what they actually are.

Agreed. I saw that report on the news about these Purity Balls and I literally shuddered and the creepiness.

"Come on sweetie, promise daddy you'll be pure."

:shudder:
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (John Campbell)
QUOTE (cristomeyers)

This begs for a photoshopping.
Kyoto Kid
He also said it "could be right" that Beho had intended to rob the shop - although he told the jury he could not remember what was going through his mind at the time.

...maybe one of his "chummers" could have helped the court by casting a Mindprobe on him. grinbig.gif
Lazerface
Is mindprobe admissable in the Tir na Nog court system?
knasser
QUOTE (The Canterbury Tail)
Just what we need, and they mentioned Shadowrun by name in their defence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_irelan...and/6425333.stm

I'm sorry folks. I just... I don't know what came over me. I guess I'd been stuck as GM so long... frown.gif
Thane36425
QUOTE (Cray74)
QUOTE (cristomeyers @ Mar 7 2007, 01:49 PM)

I got in a lot of trouble with the school officials for playing D&D in the 1980's. It didn't help that after a couple of negative stories in the press that some of the losers on campus took up the game, or pretended to, and made even bigger asses of themselves than usual, just to get attention and be jerks. Wasn't all bad though: one of them got their original "white box" edition of the game, the very first edition, confiscated. I managed to get in the principal's office and "liberated" it. Now if I could only find it again after all this time.

Oh, it wasn't that that got me in trouble: they never figured that part out. One advantage of having a very good rep was that you could sometimes do things and, if not caught red handed, no one would even suspect you were involved. No, they just got after me for playing the game in the first place, said it was corrupting or something like that. Wanted me to take up sports. Sure, I could give up D&D and hang out with a bunch of High School athletes with their DUIs, assault charges and who knows what all else. Thanks, but no.
Wounded Ronin
I blame this incident on SR4.
Squinky
Man, I bet that guy always gets the extra Karma for good roleplaying.
PBTHHHHT
I like my games with less larp... wink.gif

sorry, that sounded just like a beer commercial, I had to say it. biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
I blame this incident on SR4.

...yeah, he never would have been able to enter the shop before it closed under SR3 vehicle rules (providing he drove of course). grinbig.gif
Crakkerjakk
Buuuuurn......

Also, LARPers are effing weird.

That is all.
hyzmarca
If Beho was a female elf then she must have been a lesbian; its a rule.
He was probably hoping to LARP a touching romantic dimly-lit 80s/90s-action-movie gratuitous sex scene with the other lesbian elf played by an actual lesbian, but went insane when he came to understand that lesbianism doesn't work that way.
Cray74
He's been convicted.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/norther...and/6430683.stm

2 jurors bought the defense, 10 said it was BS.

His claims were supported by consultant psychiatrist Dr Jane O'Neill who told the court she thought that Boyd may have been dissociated from reality.

However her opinion was directly contradicted by consultant psychistrist Dr Frederick Brown.

He said he could find nothing to suggest that Boyd was suffering from a mental disorder that prevented him from distinguishing between fantasy and reality.
hyzmarca
I do hope the the rest of his team gets some heavy weapons together and breaks him out of jail in a daring daytime assault.
nezumi
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
I like my games with less larp... wink.gif

And more NERPS!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
I do hope the the rest of his team gets some heavy weapons together and breaks him out of jail in a daring daytime assault.

...but if they are familiar with Celtic Doublecross, they better not shoot a copper or they will be hunted down and summarily executed. I know, that was one of the shortest lived PCs I ever had (& she was the only decker with no gun skill).
Trigger
QUOTE (nezumi)
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT @ Mar 8 2007, 01:43 AM)
I like my games with less larp...  wink.gif

And more NERPS!

Nom nom....good ol' delicous NERPS, they do a PC good....when the PC in question is MacGuiver....
flowswithdrek
Feck i've been looking for some fellow runners since i moved to belfast, glad i didnt hook up with this guy. Ive been trying to coax some skeptical friends to have a go at Shadowrun and now this happens. It is hailarious though biggrin.gif
Meriss
One of the admins on another (Warhammer 40k) forum site brought this up to those of us trying to carve out a PbP game. Sigh some peoples children, honestly. BTW LOL
Smiley
Pfffft. He shoulda been playing a PhysAd. He might've gotten away with it.
Wounded Ronin
If I were his GM I'd buy an animatronic troll figure, wind it up, and send it walking into the jail and claim that I'd hired a troll runner to rescue him.
signoftheserpent
Great, another reason for people to laugh at gamers. Just what we need. This guy is a complete idiot. I hope his friends/group disown him, this is the last thing idiots like this should be doing as gamers.
tisoz
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
If I were his GM I'd buy an animatronic anatomically correct troll figure, wind it up, and send it walking into the jail and claim that I'd hired a troll runner to rescue him as his new cellmate/lover.

There, fixed it for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012