Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FanPro D Newsletter Mar. 2007
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MYST1C
Not much actual info about SR releases...

SOX (German version) should be available within the next days. The release will be announced at Shadowrun.de.

A promotional PDF containing the first 11 pages of SOX is available for download.
These 11 pages have, among other things, the SOX map and timeline.
Backgammon
Mmm, german.

Since meine deutsh is very bad, can you please tell me:

WTF is that on p.7?? Arcology??

-Nyx-
I'd say the sarcophagus containing the Cattenom-reactor... or just an arcology... smile.gif

Greetings,
Nyx
Jérémie
I would say it's an holographic or ruthenium-like cover of a ground asset (from arcology to, well, whatever) with a door or something open in it. But I can't read German as well, and yes the illos isn't very self explaining.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Jérémie)
I would say it's an holographic or ruthenium-like cover of a ground asset (from arcology to, well, whatever) with a door or something open in it. But I can't read German as well, and yes the illos isn't very self explaining.

I've wondered about that pic myself.
First i thought it might be depicting the time when the wall around the SOX was built - showing a single wall segment.
But upon closer examination it seems that this "structure" is actually way more in the background and thus far larger than I originally thought.

I now second the opinion that it's an arcology.
Casper
Now if only I spoke german.
Kyoto Kid
...tried to view the promotional but it locked up my system with one of those lovely Windows "Not Responding" errors. I know the EU is hot to nail Bill gates for uncouth practises & I don't blame them. I bet it is a "feature" in Vista that caused it.
SCARed
hehe, sometimes it's good to be born over here! SCNR grinbig.gif

for all the non-german-speakers: don't worry, the text doesn't say a single thing about the picture, as far as i have scanned though it (quite fast).

i don't think it's some kind of Arco, because it may be a little in the background, but to me it seems not very far. i would guess, nothing more than a few hundred meters. thus, it's way to small for an Arco. maybe some small building? even for the sarcophagus, it would be too small in my eyes. perhaps the illustrator or someone of the devs could help.
Rotbart van Dainig
Well, the funniest/saddest read is the side-column of the Helix-Interface.
Especially considering how... uh, secure the Matrix is in SR4.

It's not surprising to find it in a german release, though.
Backgammon
Observing the SOX map at the end of the document, it looks like it's pointing out a bunch of arcologies (or at least enclaves). This leads me to believe, based a little on what the old German sourcebook talked about, that the SOX is peppered with Arcs, and that's the drawing of one.

I may be totally wrong, but it seems like a cool idea in my head anyway.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Backgammon)
Observing the SOX map at the end of the document, it looks like it's pointing out a bunch of arcologies (or at least enclaves). This leads me to believe, based a little on what the old German sourcebook talked about, that the SOX is peppered with Arcs, and that's the drawing of one.

I may be totally wrong, but it seems like a cool idea in my head anyway.

You're right with that thought.
The corps have been building arcologies in the SOX for decades. The reason: The radiation of the meltdown and the subsequent deaths of thousands have left astral space in the zone severely distorted.
Astral travel and even astral sight are extremely dangerous to anyone wishing to keep his live and/or sanity.

So, while the corps have to invest quite some money to protect their assets from radiation, there is one very expensive issue they don't have to worry about in the SOX - magical security.
Trigger
Does anyone know if this is going to be translated and made available in the States, as I do not know either German or French, the two languages that I have heard that it will be available in so far.
Rotbart van Dainig
IIRC, the info part will be translated and made available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012