Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ultimate Repo Man?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FlakJacket
Lesser men try to reclaim cars or stereos, this man repossesses cargo freighters.

QUOTE (Los Angeles Times)
This repo man drives off with ocean freighters

It's a rare specialty that can be dangerous, given parts of the world in which he must operate.

NEW ORLEANS -- If repossessing a used Chevrolet can be tricky, consider retrieving the Aztec Express, a 700-foot cargo ship under guard in Haiti as civil unrest spread through the country.

Only a few repo men possess the guile and resourcefulness for such a job. One of them is F. Max Hardberger, of Lacombe, La. Since 1991, the 58-year-old attorney and ship captain has surreptitiously sailed away about a dozen freighters from ports around the world.

"I'm sure there are those who would like to add me to a list of modern pirates of the Caribbean, but I do whatever I can to protect the legal rights of my clients," said Hardberger, whose company, Vessel Extractions in New Orleans, has negotiated the releases of another dozen cargo ships and prevented the seizures of many others.

Now that's a shadowrun. No guns being waved about, no violence - well not much, or body count. Just careful observation, clever thinking, a little bit of bribery and some social engineering gets the job done in style. smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...damn, that's even better than when the team in a campaign I was running managed to get away with an six engined Antonov AN335 super transport without so much as drawing a weapon.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
No guns being waved about, no violence - well not much, or body count.

"If it can be done without firing a weapon, you paid too much by hiring real Shadowrunners".
-Me

~J
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Mar 11 2007, 04:00 PM)
No guns being waved about, no violence - well not much, or body count.

"If it can be done without firing a weapon, you paid too much by hiring real Shadowrunners".
-Me

~J

Fucking. SIGGED.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012