Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a streetline look like?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Meriss
Just what the title says. What does a Streetline look like, is it a revolver like a S&W or a automatic like a Baretta or Walther?
Aaron
Seeing as the notation "( c )" is included in its Ammo stat, I'd guess that it's a semi-automatic, since it has a removable clip (magazine). Revolvers are usually indicated with the notation, "(cy)".
djinni
QUOTE (Meriss)
Just what the title says. What does a Streetline look like, is it a revolver like a S&W or a automatic like a Baretta or Walther?

a quick search would have answered your question.
Streetline
Jack Kain
Hold-outs are small guns. Smaller then even light pistols.
They are the Deringer's of the SR world. A cunning and skilled assassin could make good use of a streetline. Other wise the weapon is kinda a joke in open combat.

They aren't meant to be effective guns for general combat. Holdouts are named holdouts for a reason. There the gun you hide in your boot so when your disarmed to see Mr. Shadow you still have something should things go sour.
djinni
QUOTE (Jack Kain)
They aren't meant to be effective guns for general combat. Holdouts are named holdouts for a reason. There the gun you hide in your boot so when your disarmed to see Mr. Shadow you still have something should things go sour.

yeah something to throw at them...
they'll die laughing if you point it at them.
Meriss
It's my backup gun for when I have to reload my Remington 990 cool.gif
Cain
That "streetline" looks more like a Raecor Sting, the Sr3 "lemon squeezer" pistol. I've always pictured it as looking more like a Beretta 21a, a 22LR pistol with a 7-round magazine.

Holdouts are extremely effective when fired properly, which is directly into someone's kidneys from behind. I'm too tired to google-fu it, but there have been several successful assassinations using hold outs.
Jaid
a holdout loaded with stick-n-shock is just as effective as a sniper rifle loaded with stick-n-shock, at close range. moral of the story? load your holdouts with stick-n-shock wink.gif
Meriss
Thanks for helping a newb guys!
Jack Kain
QUOTE (Jaid)
a holdout loaded with stick-n-shock is just as effective as a sniper rifle loaded with stick-n-shock, at close range. moral of the story? load your holdouts with stick-n-shock wink.gif

of course they reduced stick and shock to 4S(e), so maybe I'll stick with my bigger guns. While I absorb that damage thanks to my non-conductive armor.
Ed_209a
The first pic looks like a WW2 .45 Liberator pistol, with "cool tech" parts glued on.
Jaid
QUOTE (Jack Kain @ Mar 12 2007, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (Jaid @ Mar 12 2007, 07:38 AM)

of course they reduced stick and shock to 4S(e), so maybe I'll stick with my bigger guns. While I absorb that damage thanks to my non-conductive armor.

ummm... no they didn't. it's still 6S(e). and adding nonconductive to your armor is more like compensating for the fact that electric damage ignores half your normal (impact) armor rather than facing your full ballistic armor like most rounds do. (for example, i think it's fairly safe to assume an armored jacket with a helmet for most runners. that's 9/8 for armor. reduce that to half impact and you're looking at 4 armor... with rating 6 nonconductivity, that's 10 armor... which, incidentally, is not far off the amount of armor a standard round would have faced.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012