Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Batman Beyond=Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cang
I recently bought the Batman Beyond DVDs and watched the hell out of them. hehe, i always thought it had a cyberpunk edge to it. Anyways, i rewatched the "Splicers" episode and thought it would fit very well into Shadowrun. Splicing is taking DNA from other beings and using it to reconstruct your DNA. You want horns, you can splice your DNA with a rams, ect. I think this is very possible in the shadowrun universe and to a certain extent it already happens. If you don't like SURGE (Which is alot of people) this could be a much better alternative or a way to bring the "changling" culture out without having more random SURGE happenings. In the show, Splicing becomes the hip thing to do but soon becomes illegal, making Splicers go underground and the culture with it. Just an idea that was buzzing in by head. Shot it down or love it, just don't hurt my feelings. cyber.gif
yoippari
I like it. With current body modification I could see it evolving into more drastic surgical changes including giving humans animal traits. However if it is illegal you wouldn't be able to go downtown or anywhere with much survailance or risk getting arrested/fined. It might be kinda hard to hide a tail or horns.

Not too sure about the dna splicing flavor. I doubt simply having dna altered would make you grow a new appendage, it might be a way to change the immune system to accept surgical changes.
Wounded Ronin
Actually, the way I see it, Batman *Begins* = 80s and ninjas = SR.
Thane36425
QUOTE (Cang)
I recently bought the Batman Beyond DVDs and watched the hell out of them. hehe, i always thought it had a cyberpunk edge to it. Anyways, i rewatched the "Splicers" episode and thought it would fit very well into Shadowrun. Splicing is taking DNA from other beings and using it to reconstruct your DNA. You want horns, you can splice your DNA with a rams, ect. I think this is very possible in the shadowrun universe and to a certain extent it already happens. If you don't like SURGE (Which is alot of people) this could be a much better alternative or a way to bring the "changling" culture out without having more random SURGE happenings. In the show, Splicing becomes the hip thing to do but soon becomes illegal, making Splicers go underground and the culture with it. Just an idea that was buzzing in by head. Shot it down or love it, just don't hurt my feelings. cyber.gif

Shadowtech had implantable horns and such, which would could take the place of the Gene Splicing. They way many of them jumped around, including original Batman cartoon, Physads would fit right in. The series also had a handful of mages, though they would be more common in SR.
mfb
Batman Beyond is a really, really good cartoon. i like a lot about how it displays cyberpunk.

in 2064, genetech is on the verge of BB-esque splicing--though it isn't as cool or simple as in BB; you actually have to wait for your body to go through the changes the splicing creates, rather than slapping on a patch and turning into a minotaur. bioware and cyberware, though, definitely offer easy ways to acquire animalesque traits.

if i weren't s adept-oriented, i'd probably make more characters with animalesque body mods. i did make a shaman a while back named Anlo, who had a point or two of essence invested in cybergills, cyberfins, and underwater eye mods, plus six points or so of the water sprite edge.

there are at least two gangs that go in for animalesque body mods: the Night Hunters, and... i'm wanting to say the Steppenwolves, but i don't think i'm remembering correctly. they're the gang that are led by a mad cyberdoc who's always implanting members with hacked-together 'ware. anyway, especially in 2070 when cyberware is so cheap, i'd expect a lot more gangs to get animalesque 'ware, and not a few runners.
TBRMInsanity
That was one of the best episodes of Batman Beyond in my opinion and I think it plays well into the SR universe. I think you could even get away with a biotech subculture how want to be "SURGERS" and go out of their way to get biotech modifications done. Similar to the modern day plastic surgery craze.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012