Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damage Compensators
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SRFinn
M&M P. 72 says:

"Subtract the user's level in damage boxes from his current damage before determining injury modifiers."

By injury modifiers, is all that is meant the TN and init penalties? Does this also apply go when a PC loses conciousness? I.E., do you still lose conciousness at 10 boxes of stun or physical damage, or does that conciousness threshold increase by your level of damage compensators?
Shockwave_IIc
Take a look at the rules for Consciousness on pg131 M&M
SRFinn
So given those rules (thanks for pointing those out), if you have Damage Compensators 5, would you still need to make the Conciousness Roll at 10 boxes of physical damage vs. a TN of 8 (base 6 + 2 for a medium wound), or would you not make the roll until you hit 15 boxes of physical damage (assuming you weren't dead), and make the roll at TN of 9 (base 6 + 3 for a serious wound)?
Shockwave_IIc
They way i read them is subtrat your Comp lvl from the boxes taken, if still 10 or more then it's the willpower test at Tn's of 10+(the mods from other injury track)+(bio index)
Mongoose
SRFinn- in your example, the first method would apply to stun- you can't take more than ten boxes of stun, because stun overflows to physical. The seond method would apply to physical damage.

At least, that's how I read it. God help me, I wrote it, and can't tell for sure what was meant...

I think this one needs an erratta to insert "physical" into the second paragraph at the end of the first sentance, just before the word "damage". Then it would pretty much make sense, at least in terms of the mechanics being clear.

Note that you would have to have a body of at least 10 to not be incapacitated with 15 boxes of physical damage, damge compensator or no. You might be conscious, but you won't be doing anything much but laying there and moaning. Even a Pain Editor doesn't change that fact. Now, if you were a troll with a body of 20 and 10 levels of damage compensators- well, I don't want to know about it.

As a note on reviving unconscious characters, I think a failed test should inflict one box of stun damage on the patient. Yes, this might just kill him...
Tanka
Pfft, a Troll with 20 Body needs no Damange Compensators, just Mil-Spec Armor! devil.gif

Walking tank? No, worse! A walking tank with better armor!
CoalHeart
You wouldn't be knocked out from taking 10 boxes of stun or physical. You would be knocked out at 15 but either way you're not in good shape.
At least thats how we play it on our game.

Lets say you took 3 boxes of Stun for An M stun wound
Then got shot and took a D wound. You're at 13 boxes of damage
You're still not down yet. You do suffer from the +3 tn -3 init from equivalant of an S wound. Then you get blasted again for an M wound that brings you up to 16 boxes of Damage. Now you make a Will check to see if you're still awake or passed out and bleeding to death. at whatever the TN is (I forget)

Compensators allow you to continue functioning after massive damage They're sick like that
Pain editor allows you the privlage of not falling down untill there's not enough blood in your limbs (D phys wound you fall)

But lets say you are Mr Troll with 10 levels of damage compensation and 20 body. Well you're going to be taking 20 boxes of damage before you even test for passing out. 20 phys or 10 stun+10 phys. And with overdamage rules you're still not dead, just now incapacitated

P.S.

Once you go over 10 boxes of Physical damage you start loosing 1 box every Body amount of turns because you are in effect bleeding yourself dry.
Wireknight
I have an adept with Pain Resistance(Rating 10). It's like he has one gigantic condition monitor. He doesn't suffer penalties until he's in physical overflow.
spotlite
But does he have a enough spare magic rating to run those powers at full and still have room for his other ones like reflexes? smile.gif
Tanka
Who says it isn't Gaesed and he isn't an Initiate? Or maybe he's just the wall (Root, Pain Resistance 10...) who stands in the way of the Troll who's trying to shove him aside. ;p
mfb
he's got enough spare magic rating. trust me.

but, yeah. i tend to look at pain resistance as being extra boxes added to the beginning of your condition monitor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012