Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAS/UCAS Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jaymes
I am trying to find more information, if it is available, as to the 2034 secession of the CAS from the UCAS. So far, all I have found is a disagreement over the decesion to merge the US and Canada. Is this the only reason ever provided in source, or is there more?
Zolhex
2032 - In the UCAS, Led by senators from Alabama and Georgia, a major walkout of legislators from the southern bloc threatens to derail the merging of the United States and Canada. As the rest of the Senate argues over new tax structures and fund allocation, the delegates from ten southern states meet to discuss secession. (Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America)

2032 - In the UCAS, President MacAlister is re-elected, becoming the first elected President of the UCAS. (Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America)

2033 - In DeeCee Sprawl, UCAS, President MacAlister is again Inaugurated as President of the UCAS. (Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America)

2033 - In Atlanta, Georgia, UCAS, homeless people begin to move into the abandoned Ted Turner Stadium and using it for shelter. The increasing numbers of people build their own microsociety based on such primitive principles as "might makes right." (Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America)

2034 - In the UCAS, displeased with what they perceive as President MacAlister's preferential treatment of the midwestern and northeastern sprawl zones, the southern states of the UCAS threaten to withdraw from the union. MacAlister, in his oft-quoted "Eat My Shorts" speech responds that if the southern states walk, there will be hell to pay. (Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America)

2034 - On November 10, In the UCAS, a few days after MacAlister's speech, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and the southern portions of Missouri and Virginia, led by Republican Party Chairman Christine Caulfield, secede from the UCAS to form the Confederated American States (CAS). Sentiments run high, and fears of a second civil war are rampant. Nevertheless, the transition is relatively orderly. On December 19, President MacAlister signs the Treaty of Richmond with the rebel states establishing peaceful boundaries and a working political and economic relationship between the two countries. The northern part of Virginia remains as a state in the UCAS. The northern portion of Missouri merges with Kansas. The CAS is also written into the governing council of the city of FRFZ. Military units, divided in loyalties, split up and move to their preferred countries with few incidents of violence. The former governor of Alabama is voted pro tem president of the CAS until regular elections can be held. (Shadowrun Third Edition)

That is all the info from the offical timeline that I currently have. I would think if ou have the books mentioned you could see if anything is missing but I would think that's all there is on this subject.
Jaymes
Thanks a lot for the info, Casazil. That is quite interesting stuff.
Zolhex
Well if you have not read the old timeline stuff drop me an email I'll send ya the file.

I like some of the early things like the left turners lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012