Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Checking for interest
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
bibliophile20
Ok, my gaming group has a good number of SR books, but the last runner at this school graduated when I was still in high school; most of the books we have are 1rst and 2nd ed., with a few 3rd ed.

Anyway, I'm supposed to ask: would there be any interest in potentially purchasing some of these books? (Potentially; I'm just checking to see if there's any interest at all)

A partial list of the books in question:
Fields of Fire
Shadowbeat
Street Samurai Catalog
Queen Euphoria
Harlequin
Harlequin's Back
Seattle Sourcebook
Native American Nations 1 & 2
Tir Taringire
Virtual Realities

And a few more that I can't remember off the top of my head. The books vary in condition from "gently used" to "ready to fall apart."

So, any interest?

And a note to the mods: if this type of post is not allowed, just delete it please.
Tanka
Definitely interested in Queen Euphoria and NAN 1&2.
fistandantilus4.0
yes, to a bunch of those. I'll PM ya

And a note to the mods: if this type of post is not allowed, just delete it please.

Never had a problem with these types of posts. Good books are hard to find after all.
Kyoto Kid
...too bad you don't have the London Sourcebook, The binding on mine totally disintegrated & it is now in a clumsy ring binder. Missing all the cool fluff pages on UK nobility.
bibliophile20
Ok, I'm going to let the prez of my gaming club know at tomorrow night's meeting; after the meeting, I'm going to make a complete list of what books we have and what condition they're in and we shall go from there.
Platinum
How many sets of main rules do you have?
tisoz
QUOTE (Platinum)
How many sets of main rules do you have?

What edition and soft or hardcover?

If there is that much interest in some of the older books, people can feel free to PM me with their requests. I have at least 2 of almost everything prior to SR3, and multiples of many 3rd edition books.
bibliophile20
Ok, definitive list time. but first (we dance!) I have to say that my club prez said that it's going to have to wait for a vote by the general club at the Monday meeting. That being said... I'm the only runner here, and I foresee no issues with that.

Prices will be determined later--for now, here's the list of books that we're willing to part with:
Note that all pages are present and readable, and that the books are cohesive units, just sometimes the paper covering the spines has been lost.

Seattle Sourcebook, covers missing.
London Sourcebook, used.
Neo-Anarchist Guide to North America, used, w/spine missing.
Native American Nations 1, gently used, partial spine
Native American Nations 2, gently used
Tir Tairngire, used
Street Sam Catalog, used
The Grimoire, used, partial spine
Shadowbeat, gently used, partial spine
Shadowtech, used, back cover missing
Fields of Fire, gently used
Virtual Realities, used
Queen Euphoria, lightly used
Harlequin, used, spine missing
Harlequin's Back, lightly used, cover has manufacturing defect--is off centered and angled in respect to the book.
Mercurial, gently used
Shadowrun 3rd Edition, near mint

AND! (and boy, was I shocked to see this one)

Shadowrun First Edition, Hardcover, Very Gently Used, With Black Leatherette book cover with Shadowrun Logo and other information. (This is the only one that the club will probably decide to put up on eBay)
the_dunner
As a heads up, from a strictly financial perspective --

The only book in your list that has a value over cover price is Harlequin. That one's actually fairly hard to find. In good condition, it usually goes for about $25 on eBay.

Everything else typically goes in the $5-$10 price range.

The hardcover 1st edition SR probably isn't worth eBaying. I've seen those go for under $5 before. (The leatherette cover with the stylized "S" was made by Chessex, and was purchased separately from the book. Those were a big deal in '91 or so.)
tisoz
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Mar 22 2007, 05:15 AM)
As a heads up, from a strictly financial perspective --

The only book in your list that has a value over cover price is Harlequin.  That one's actually fairly hard to find.  In good condition, it usually goes for about $25 on eBay. 

Everything else typically goes in the $5-$10 price range.

The hardcover 1st edition SR probably isn't worth eBaying.  I've seen those go for under $5 before. (The leatherette cover with the stylized "S" was made by Chessex, and was purchased separately from the book. Those were a big deal in '91 or so.)

I agree, except since the Harlequin PDF has been available even it will be lucky to bring $20. I saw a small lot of a half dozen or less books but including Harlequin and The Universal Brotherhood go for less than $30. Those 2 used to bring a premium before the PDF versions were released.
Caine Hazen
Though if you do want to sell that "S" cover or the whole package, PM me... I'm a collector of pathetic proportions
Kyoto Kid
...found a mint condition copy of the London Sourceebook. The fact there is a copy of Shadowbeat listed I would say snap it up. One of the best sourcebooks they ever came out with.
Jaymes
Shadowbeat is definitely a good one. It's a good read too.
bibliophile20
Okay, I have approval to sell the books. According to our treasurer, we can only take cash or check; checks should be made out to URSGA (University of Rochester Simulation Gaming Association) (I know, I wish that we could do it via PayPal, but apparently that's not an option...). Payment should be mailed to:
URSGA
CPU Box 274359
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627-7146

The books will be shipped once payment has been received by Media Mail (Book Rate) USPS.

Okay, now that we're past the boring part, here's the fun stuff:

Seattle Sourcebook: $5
London Sourcebook, $7.50
Neo-Anarchist Guide to North America, $5
Native American Nations 1, $10
Native American Nations 2, $10
Tir Tairngire, $7.50
Street Sam Catalog, $5
The Grimoire, $5
Shadowbeat, $5
Shadowtech, $5
Fields of Fire, $7.50
Virtual Realities, $5
Queen Euphoria, $7.50
Harlequin, $7.50
Harlequin's Back, $12.50
Mercurial, $5
Shadowrun 3rd Edition, $10
Shadowrun First Edition w/cover $25

First come, first serve; please post your claims here so I don't have to send PMs to people just to disappoint them.
fistandantilus4.0
TT
London
NAN 1
Harlequin 1

appx 35 w/ shipping I'd guess

I assume a money order would be acceptible?
Tanka
Being broke, I'll relinquish my drooling claim of NAN and Queen E.

If they're still around when I'm not broke, though...
bofh
Is the Street Sam one first edition (as in, it doesn't say "Second Edition" or more on the inside)? If so, I'll claim it.

Carl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012