Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jackpoint shadowposters?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MITJA3000+
Now this is just a little question: I remember that somebody spoke about there being a list made of Jackpoint posters and a little bit of background on who they are, but man, I haven't found it? Is my mind playing games with me, or does this list exist?
Ancient History
Sleekit.
MITJA3000+
Thank you very much! Just what I was looking for.
X-Kalibur
That list is awesome just for listing Fastjack and saying "Everybody knows Fastjack smile.gif"

Is that list only of shadowtalkers that have been used in SR4 so far?
Fezig
Thats a nice list to have, it gives me a little more flavor to work with for the game I'm running. Thanks.
Ancient History
QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
That list is awesome just for listing Fastjack and saying "Everybody knows Fastjack smile.gif"

Is that list only of shadowtalkers that have been used in SR4 so far?

No. It is a list of the 'core' shadowtalkers. It does not give information on any guests, such as those in Runner Havens for local area knowledge on Hong Kong, etc.
hobgoblin
nice list, glad to see that slamm-o! and smiling bandit is still around. hmm, a tecnomancer named netcat?

in any way related?:
http://netcat.sourceforge.net/
Ancient History
Couldn't tell ye.
Dentris
Netcat is even in the main book, cited as an example of accessing many nodes at the same time...p.218.

Same thing for Fatima, in page 242, this time for wound recovery. Is there any other jackpointers in the Main Book?
bibliophile20
Well, Fastjack is, obviously. smile.gif

Netcat is mentioned various times, including the rules for multiple nodes and for the intro to the rules chapter--she's trying to get through a door.

Elijah is mentioned a page later, under buying hits.

Pistons is up next, as the example for glitches.

Then it's Jimmy No's turn, with the Rule of Six example.

Lyran is trying to bluff her way past some go-gangers in the opposed test example.

Clockwork is trying to fix a shot-up prototype under Quick Extended Tests.

Ma'Fan is mentioned under Using Jumping in the skills section.

Oh, and Locke, from the Buzzkill story at the beginning of the book, is mentioned under Legwork in the Contacts section.

Those are just the ones that I remembered seeing and had to do a little looking to nail them down.
imperialus
Reminds me, I wanted to ask, anyone know what happend to Hatchetman after he woke up a cyberzombie?
NightmareX
As far as I know, that has never been dealt with since frown.gif
The Entropic Wizard
As far as I know, that has never been dealt with since

Which is an absolute shame... that's one of the best parts of the SR world, and keeping up with the sourcebooks. I REALLY want to hear about Cap Chaos being 'saved' by JackBNimble biggrin.gif
Ophis
Runner Havens does mention a group of technomancers who have dealings with a matrix entity called "The Captain", so maybe we will see him in emergence.
Dentris
Officially, Captain Chaos is dead...FastJack mentions it in the beginning of his ''History for the Reality Impaired" feed.

I don't know if Dunkelzan's gift to the captain will be dealt with in emergence, let's hope so. If not, I'm totally writing an adventure out of this.
NightmareX
QUOTE (Ophis)
Runner Havens does mention a group of technomancers who have dealings with a matrix entity called "The Captain", so maybe we will see him in emergence.

It was pretty obvious from System Failure that JackBNimble deleted CC as he regained consciousness (consciousness begin an anomaly and sign of a file defect to the program). Which is a really sucky way to go out. frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012