Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Organizing ideas.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Buzzed
I am thinking about starting to put together a scrap book to file all my Shadowrun ideas into one convenient binder.

I think I will start a random encounter table system to file them. Basically a table where you can roll a six sided die to select an encounter. It would start at a table that would determine environment, office building, laboratory, factory, forest, street, ect ect. Then would move to an appropiate table that matches the environment theme to select the next element of the encounter, wage slaves, security guards, drones, ect ect. Each time you roll the die, the tables make the encounter more and more specific until the actual encounter is randomly selected on the very last table. Throughout the tables, there are page references to direct you to the spots where the ideas and information are filed.

How do you organize your tasty tidbits of Shadowrun?
RedmondLarry
I already use a random-encounter table. It's in my head. My brain roams around in its wasteland until it comes up with a random encounter. Unfortunately it never points to page references when it's done, so your's is better.
spotlite
Download the List-o-rator then create your own lists to help. Its brilliant for generating gang/corp/drug/cyberware/component names, random tresspassing signs, insults, etc etc. Really good for flavour if you're totally stuck with writers block.

I'd put a link in but I don't know where it is. Search Dumpshock, you'll probably find it. Or PM me your e-mail and I'll send you it, its just an exe and some files. Not large by any means.
Phasma Felis
Random List-O-Rator v1.5

This is the first thing that comes up in a Google search for "list-o-rator". Are we Google-impaired? wink.gif

Looks pretty cool, though. I'll have to check this out myself. Thanks for the suggestion.
easytohate
I keep index cards of random encounters, I shuffle and toss as needed. The index cards also work great for init. Have everyone ot down the combat basics on thier card at beginging of session and then lay them out in init. order. Once someone as acted, flip over the card. Keeps things nice, clean and easy.

I also keep notebooks and files for my gaming stuff. Along with everything I have on my computer.

sometimes I have everything but the books.
Zazen
QUOTE (easytohate)
I keep index cards of random encounters, I shuffle and toss as needed. The index cards also work great for init. Have everyone ot down the combat basics on thier card at beginging of session and then lay them out in init. order. Once someone as acted, flip over the card. Keeps things nice, clean and easy.

That sounds like a good idea. What are you sure to include in their "combat basics"? I keep basic combat outlines of each character on hand as well, but I constantly find that I'm missing some important detail or another at a crucial moment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012