Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simsense Safety Device
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nasrudith
Guardian Angel: Cost 600 nuyen.gif
Installed to a commlink this device monitors the heartbeat of a simsense user, and when a change is detected consistent with harmful programs (The user taker up to a box of penalty due to filling condition modifier through blackout or black hammer. That means those with low pain tolerance will be jacked out sooner than one with high pain tolerance.) jacks out a user either by depowering the simsense module by opening a circuit, or ejecting the datajack or wire linked trodes. No test is required to jack out in this case. A hardware + logic test (4, 1 minute) is required to restore the commlink to its normal status in the previous case. However the later method can only be used with a datajack or wire linked trodes. This package includes a biomonitor. Note this still causes dumpshock as usual. This system can spoofed by a hacker inside a Guardian Angel equipped commlink to cause dumpshock. Only usable in a commlink with a simsense module.
Guardian Angel Implantable Edition: Cost: 1300 nuyen.gif
This device can be used with implantable commlinks for no extra essence cost, however if the device is triggered surgery is required to set it back to normal. Once tripped the commlink cannot be accessed until it is set back to normal.

Comments?
BookWyrm
Nice work. biggrin.gif
TheOOB
Looks good, nice and balanced. On the one hand using it prevents the chance of death from black IC in all but the most extream cases, but it might always dumo you from a fight you could easily win as well.
The Entropic Wizard
I approve! cyber.gif
Be great for those little runs where you just want to go in and out with as little trouble as possible. Being dumped like that would make life a little easier, especially if one runs into something they can't take.

I really liked the bit where hackers can get into it. That made me giggle rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012