Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diadem of Overlordship
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Reaver
I'm looking to see if the Diadem of Overlordship has popped up in any of the SR stuff. Anyone know? smile.gif
FlakJacket
Well since I take it that you're referring to an Earthdawn artefact of some type, you have to remember that after several thousand years that it might not be called that any more. Actually saying what the thing is would help those board members that don't play ED but might have seen something similar mentioned in a previous sourcebook.

Now having done a quick search, the only result that comes up is that it's somehow linked with the Passions. And since only a couple hundred or so beings remember what they actually were, it's questionable whether they're still around with power enough to do anything or even be seen by anyone other than IE's or dragons. :/
Reaver
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Well since I take it that you're referring to an Earthdawn artefact of some type, you have to remember that after several thousand years that it might not be called that any more. Actually saying what the thing is would help those board members that don't play ED but might have seen something similar mentioned in a previous sourcebook.

Now having done a quick search, the only result that comes up is that it's somehow linked with the Passions. And since only a couple hundred or so beings remember what they actually were, it's questionable whether they're still around with power enough to do anything or even be seen by anyone other than IE's or dragons. :/

The Diadem was a relic from Parlainth used by the Theran governer to awe his subjects. It's a gold filigree crown encrusted with rubies, emeralds and diamonds. It basically increases the wearers Charisma.
Ancient History
No. I'd have spotted that 'un.
RangerJoe
I maintain a house rule that if a player succeeds in a fashion sense(4) test in picking out a pair of cool sunglasses, he or she gets +1 to charisma when wearing said sunglasses. That way there's no need for fancy magical artifacts.
Mongoose
Use of such a conspicously Theran Artifact would draw a lot of attention from the various old-timers around, not to mention the Atlantean Foundations (same difference).

However, if it was around and being used, you can be pretty sure it WOULD be called "The Diadem of Overlordship". (IN ED, knowing a magic items true name is almost always essential to using it)

Unless its a real whopper, the Charisma increasing effects in ED are probably not all that impressive. An "increase Charisma" spell can easily DOUBLE the charisma of an average person, which is unlikely even using powerful magic items in ED. ED magic items don't tend to boost attributes except on extrmely rare occasions, and even then the effect is probably small. However, they can give some pretty rude increases to skill-like abilaties, and to attributte related statistics.
Kanada Ten
Sounds more like an Illusion spell... sort of the opposite of Foreboding.
mfb
Aftboding.
Reaver
QUOTE (Mongoose @ Nov 5 2003, 05:18 AM)
Use of such a conspicously Theran Artifact would draw a lot of attention from the various old-timers around, not to mention the Atlantean Foundations (same difference).

However, if it was around and being used, you can be pretty sure it WOULD be called "The Diadem of Overlordship".  (IN ED, knowing a magic items true name is almost always essential to using it)

Unless its a real whopper, the Charisma increasing effects in ED are probably not all that impressive.  An "increase Charisma" spell can easily DOUBLE the charisma of an average person, which is unlikely even using powerful magic items in ED.  ED magic items don't tend to boost attributes except on extrmely rare occasions, and even then the effect is probably small.  However, they can give some pretty rude increases to skill-like abilaties, and to attributte related statistics.

At it's most powerful rank, the Diadem would confer a +7 Charisma and could also force awe into someone within LOS at will. I was just wondering if it had surfaced in SR. I want to use it as a plot device. If AH say's it hasn't, it most likely hasn't. wink.gif

Thanks AH. smile.gif
Req
QUOTE (mfb)
Aftboding.

Ugh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012