Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question: What has changed in FANPRO's version?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
rafebelmont
Hey chummers,
i'm new to this forum and new to the Shadowrun Rpg, i am learning the basics now with a copy of the SR3 from FASA corporation and i'm enjoying it preety much. I am thinking to buy the core book and i have seen that there are two versions of the core rulebook, one by FASA and another by FANPRO(Wizkids). So i need to know, what are the differences between the two? Cuz i am brazillian and i will have to import the book, so i don't want to buy the wrong one...

Thnaks for anyone's help and see ya chums!

P.S Sorry for the english...
Moon-Hawk
For Shadowrun 3rd edition there will be very little difference. The SR line changed hands during 3rd edition from FASA to Fanpro(Wizkids). The Fanpro version will be a later printing, and more likely to have minor typo corrections, etc. where as the FASA version will be older and if it's an old enough printing might still have some minor errors, but essentially there's no difference.
Fanpro(Wizkids) also has Shadowrun 4th edition, and that's going to be completely different, so don't get that one confused if you're looking for 3rd.
jrpigman
Call Numbers on books are different, if you buy your books that way. As the youngest of the three core rules book owners in my group, mine is 25000. Next oldest guy has 16600, and our vet has 7001. All of them are SR3, though.

This actually winds up being handy when it comes to telling which book belongs to who nyahnyah.gif
Backgammon
I think the point to stress is that what is important is the EDITION of the book you want: 3rd Edition or 4th Edition. The rules are very different. 4th Edition is the latest. 3rd Edition is no longer supported, though some people prefer 3rd edition and play that instead of 4th edition.
mfb
get the FanPro one, because it will have the most recent errata.
eidolon
Get the Corrected Fourteenth Printing, Fifth Fanpro Printing. AFAIK it's the latest SR3 printing.

Also, if you end up with an older copy, jump over to ShadowrunRPG.com and grab the Errata for the books and you'll be up to speed (even if it isn't quite as convenient as having the latest printing.

edit: Oops, I just checked, and it seems the Errata website hasn't been updated to reflect the 14th printing. It's currently up to the 13th. I don't know whether it is due to no changes being made of if it's just because it's not the current edition and therefore less resources are being spent on it.
rafebelmont
Thanx to all of you chums. I am starting with the 3rd edition, i particullarly liked the visual of the third edition. SR3 has many rules, but i am a dnd player, so i don't bother too much.

Thanx chums!
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Backgammon)
3rd Edition is no longer supported

Not true. Third parties are prepared to provide support contracts at very affordable rates.

~J
Lindt
Roughly a six pack an hour.

If your new to Sr, (I hate to say this, I mean its making me bleed inside), especally if your a D20 player, go get Sr4.

As much as I DISLIKE a lot of it, its the current rules, and they ARE slimmed down a little. The jump wont be quite as bad with the fixed target numbers as it was with the old sliding TN system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012