Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FanPro D Newsletter Apr. 2007
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MYST1C
It may seem that there's not much going with SR at the moment but that's not true. FanPro LLC was present at the recent "Games Expo" in Las Vegas.
Meanwhile work on new books continues:
  • Emergence should be released within the next weeks. Work on the German translation (Emergenz) is in progress.
  • Traditionally there's one German-only release every year. But in 2007 that is not SOX - as that is a French-German cooperation. There is one more as yet secret German release - more information will possibly be in the next newsletter.
Konsaki
Yay, Emergence soon! More backstory/metaplot! I cant wait to get my digital hands on it!
knasser

Arsenal?
Casper
Bueller? Bueller?
Chunky_Salsa
Arsenal and Augmentation are looking to be available soon, at least at amazon.
Rotbart van Dainig
rotfl.gif
Ravor
Well, I've learned a long time ago never to trust Amazon's idea of release dates...

facelick.gif
dead.gif
sirdoom
Traditionally there's one German-only release every year. But in 2007 that is not SOX - as that is a French-German cooperation. There is one more as yet secret German release - more information will possibly be in the next newsletter.

Proposal Deadline 09.04.2007

"controversial content"... scatter.gif
NightmareX
Amazon still has product pages up for old TSR Dark Sun books that were never (and never will be) published, saying said books are "pending" or some jazz. As much as I'd like to have Augmentation etc ASAP, Amazon ain't a reliable source.
Grinder
QUOTE (sirdoom)
Traditionally there's one German-only release every year. But in 2007 that is not SOX - as that is a French-German cooperation. There is one more as yet secret German release - more information will possibly be in the next newsletter.

Proposal Deadline 09.04.2007

"controversial content"... scatter.gif

Give us moooooooooore infos!
Rotbart van Dainig
..somehow, I get this feeling of 'things I'd rather not want to know'.
Grinder
Yet another DidS2?

Elve
Hmm controversial german region... Berlin? (in a published SR history context)
Rotbart van Dainig
An ancient dwarven kingdom beneath the RRMP.
FlakJacket
Nah, that wouldn't be considered 'controversial content' to Germans. Something more along the lines of the Reinheitsgebot being repealed and Budweiser, not the decent Czech version, being made the national drink. Or people start having fun and behaving spontaneously without the proper permissions or filling out all the application forms in triplicate in advance. wink.gif

Being slightly more serious for a moment, taking the FanPro GmbH authors rather strong anarchist-y leanings into account I'm thinking maybe some sort of attempted dictatorial coup d'état by the military/extreme right or left wing political parties. Shades of the DDR or possibly even by a Hitler-esque extremist if you want to get really offensive.
sirdoom
What I CAN say, is

-no DidS "whatsoever"
-NO dwarven kingdom(although, IF you really want it and write enough emails...) nyahnyah.gif
-not Berlin. There was a project called "Fall of Berlin", readable from both sides(2 covers), knee-deep in blood, which has been cancelled due to editorial and scheduling conflicts and others reasons. *grlm*

I guess more will be revealed after the RPC in Münster(RPC Münster homepage).

[...]taking the FanPro GmbH authors rather strong anarchist-y leanings into account

Rob Boyle has probably stronger "anarchist-y leanings" than nearly every actual german author*ggg* biggrin.gif wink.gif

[...]maybe some sort of attempted dictatorial coup d'état by the military/extreme right or left wing political parties. Shades of the DDR or possibly even by a Hitler-esque extremist if you want to get really offensive.

Think about the "Lofwyr-Boulevard" leading to the "Fuehrer's" Arcology, a mixture between Pyongyang & Speer's Berlin in the City of Essen. Not that we didn't thought about it... rotfl.gif
FlakJacket
QUOTE (sirdoom)
Rob Boyle has probably stronger "anarchist-y leanings" than nearly every actual German author*ggg* biggrin.gif wink.gif

Oh I know, it just seems to come across a whole lot more in the German settings and back story.
sirdoom
About 75% of this is something we call "Altlasten"... dead.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (sirdoom)
(although, IF you really want it and write enough emails...)

..I don't hate Eismann that much. grinbig.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (sirdoom)
About 75% of this is something we call "Altlasten"... dead.gif

There's hope for the future, thank God!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012