Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Spoilers]Shadowrun/Earthdawn Crossovers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
treehugger
I was wondering if anyone did some rullings for shadowrun/earthdawn crossovers.
Especially Lighbearers.
With the whole plot in the second edition with Harlequin and the horrors, i think this might be totaly relevant.
The thing is, i have no clue in how to implement this.
I was thinking about creating metamagic powers, as these are supposed to be the way that magic evolves.
So anyone ever did that kind of crossovers ? And if so, what kind of rules did you applied ?
Thanks for any help
Grinder
The rulesets for any edition of SR and ED are fundamentally different.
All player characters in the average ED-campaign are magic users and would translate as adepts or mystic adepts into SR. Guess, that's the easiest part.

I haven't seen any rules for a crossover, but fistandfautilus might have developed some, since he started a SR/ED crossover game not long ago.
treehugger
I know it would need quite some work.
I hope "fistandfautilus" will join the thread and tell us a bit more about this campaign smile.gif
One thing i'd like to do, is an archeological campaign in Shadowrun.
I was thinking something like exploring the Parlainth ruins, since there is a box set etc ... And that both the Atlantean and Draco fundations are making some digs over there ...
Kagetenshi
I doubt sincerely that "fistandfautilus" will join the thread, as I've never heard of a member by that name smile.gif a fistandantilus might, though.

~J
treehugger
Sorry for retyping a typo ^^ (i'm really new to these forums)
Grinder
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I doubt sincerely that "fistandfautilus" will join the thread, as I've never heard of a member by that name smile.gif a fistandantilus might, though.

~J

Why can't he use a shorter nickname? grinbig.gif
kigmatzomat
Well, I suppose he could have gone by "Raistlin" but it's not quite the same. Really, doesn't anyone read anymore? I know the books weren't "literature" but c'mon, they are foundation stones for the RPG genre as a whole.

And IIRC his userid is Fistindantilus3.0
Kagetenshi
You remember incorrectly smile.gif or perhaps type incorrectly. But yes, he is apparently the third revision of fistandantilus.

~J
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah I get around a bit. Yes, in answer to Treehugger , and probably Grinder, since he's in that afore mentioned game (and never has been able to spell my name), I do have some things worked out for it. BTW, didn't know my handle was such a topic for debate. Just try F3.0. I've thought about changing it a few times just because it's such a pain n the ass to log in with. But like Kagetenshi said once (on the same subject of his own name) your handle really becomes your identity online, and then you'd have to do it all over again.

Most adept powers are pretty easy to bring over, just being an adaption to existin adept powers. Lightbearers are a bit more of a pain though. I'm not 100% satisfied with how I'm doing it so far, as I've only brought one character over from ED to SR, a lightbearer as it happens. I'll have to dig up my notes, but some powers are pretty straight forward (such as Sprite, Glimmer). Others like Edge of Light were a bit more interesting to work out.

I just moved (well more like a month ago now and I'm lazy about unpacking), so give me a bit to find the proper folder with the right notes in it and I'll get right back at you.

Wow, long winded way of saying "give me a minute"...

fistandantilus4.0
OK, here's some of what I have adapted.

Essentially, for lack of a better way to do it, I made Lightbearer a skill that a magically active person could take, assuming they were initiated in to the Lightbearers. Otherwise, you would have to handle it as adept powers, which would take an incredible amount of karma to get anywhere with.

I'd also considered simply making each rank a metamagic, then having the dice rolled for it be the initiate grade. That one doesn't require breakign the systems rules. It does require a lot more karma however. I wanted something that seemed more likely to obtain. Although this was written up before the SR4 Street Magic rule came out where you could buy a metamagic for 15 karma. So that may be a better way to adapt it. I'll leave that up to you. This is the system I used when I ran the character in question.

Now, I generally ignore skill caps anyway, so going above 6 isn't an issue for this. If you want to use them, well you'll have to use some other mecahnic. For myself, once it goes above six, you just add another multiplier to raise the skill (so a skill of 8 is 24 karma , 8*3).

Please, let me know what you think. The sytem isn't perfect, but it was fun.
[ Spoiler ]

Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Yeah I get around a bit. Yes, in answer to Treehugger , and probably Grinder, since he's in that afore mentioned game (and never has been able to spell my name), I do have some things worked out for it. BTW, didn't know my handle was such a topic for debate. Just try F3.0.

At least I'm trying! grinbig.gif

I'll have a look over your ideas for Lightbearers later today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012