Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone come up with non-paranormal critter stats?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
dog_xinu
All,

Yes I have searched and I hit many many pages that had critter/animal in it. There were no stats posted about various animal stats. More than once people suggested taking SR3 critters/animals and converting them to 4th.

Has anyone come up with the stats? the "dog", "great cat", "horse", "shark" & "wolf" is just not enough options. How about rats, snakes, birds, house cats, etc.

thanks
dog
Eleazar
Would you by chance know what SR3 book has normal critters in it? I actually started a shapechange thread asking for clarifications on how it worked. We eventually got into this topic. No one has done anything yet unfortunately and I can't find any SR3 book with critter stats in it. Not only that, but those stats don't even cover all species. The shark is just a bull shark. So what about a tiger shark, great white shark, whale shark, nurse shark, etc. They would all have differing stats. It is up to the GM to set the stats for all of these normal critters. I doubt we will see anything from the SR4 devs on this unless it is in a web release.

I would have actually liked to have seen three different sets of stats for each type of normal paracritter. For example, the sharks would have stats for a great white shark(large), bull shark(medium), and sharpnose shark(small). One thing I can suggest to anyone making up stats is that all of the mental related stats should remain mostly unchanged. The main thing you will be changing is the body stats. If you are just using shapechange you can get off easy and just change the body stats. Though if it is for a normal critter NPC then mental stats may need to be changed if the specific species is smarter. Which then comes the question, what does Intuition and Logic mean for an animal? How do you represent the animals behavior or apparent increased mental capacity with Intuition and Logic? What behavior would mean higher Intuition and what behavior would mean a higher Logic?
Demerzel
Um, Great Cat is in SR4... Along with a few others like Bear...
knasser
QUOTE (Eleazar)
Would you by chance know what SR3 book has normal critters in it? I actually started a shapechange thread asking for clarifications on how it worked. We eventually got into this topic. No one has done anything yet unfortunately and I can't find any SR3 book with critter stats in it. Not only that, but those stats don't even cover all species. The shark is just a bull shark. So what about a tiger shark, great white shark, whale shark, nurse shark, etc. They would all have differing stats. It is up to the GM to set the stats for all of these normal critters. I doubt we will see anything from the SR4 devs on this unless it is in a web release.

I would have actually liked to have seen three different sets of stats for each type of normal paracritter. For example, the sharks would have stats for a great white shark(large), bull shark(medium), and sharpnose shark(small). One thing I can suggest to anyone making up stats is that all of the mental related stats should remain mostly unchanged. The main thing you will be changing is the body stats. If you are just using shapechange you can get off easy and just change the body stats. Though if it is for a normal critter NPC then mental stats may need to be changed if the specific species is smarter. Which then comes the question of what does Intuition and Logic mean for an animal. How do you represent the animals behavior or apparent increased mental capacity with Intuition and Logic. What behavior would mean higher Intuition and what behavior would mean a higher Logic.

The "Critters" book has stats for a reasonable range of mundane critters in a big chart near the beginning. It's available for free from DriveThruRPG.com. There is some overlap with the critters in SR4 BBB, so you can do some rough working out of what the revised attributes and skills would be.

I converted a couple of paranormal beasties on my website and I thought about making a submission to FanPro for a revised Paranormal Animals book for 4th edition. Something fleshed out with a bit more description and adventure hooks. But I didn't think they'd be interested.
Jack Kain
QUOTE (Demerzel)
Um, Great Cat is in SR4... Along with a few others like Bear...

He's not asking for those, he's asking for more then those.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012