Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attack of the Lobsters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cheops
My search-fu isn't the strongest but it looks like this hasn't been discussed yet...

[QUOTE]The Snohomish food industry is the target of most runs here.... Paranormal and cybered animals are favored for guarding the agrifarms and corporate facilities at night...while and aquaculture might have giant cybered lobsters creeping along tanks of seaweed and caviar." (Emphasis added)

So...does anyone have stats for lobsters in their game?

For the sake of getting this topic going I'd say that a lobster would compare favorably with a house cat or a rat in terms of stats. So a giant lobster could be similar to a large dog. That gives the following BARSCILW: 2/3/3/2/3/3/1/3.

To make them more controllable we should port the SR3 animal control implants to SR4. They cost Essence 1 and lower mental stats by 1 but make the animal 33.3% less likely to attack its controller (I know I wouldn't want to be pinched by this bad boys). So if we give them 3 controls then they cannot turn against their owner. This makes their C/I/L/W all 1s (I don't honestly think that a lobster is as smart as a dog anyway no matter how large). So these things are thicker than a fencepost.

We have 3 essence left to spend. Cheap package or expensive? (how important is our seaweed/caviar?)

Cheap: Commlink, Sim Module, fingertip compartment w/RFID tag mounting motion sensor, Biomonitor -- 5001 plus commlink cost

Expensive: same but add Wired 1 and Area Cranial Bomb -- 21,000

This way the lobsters can be intergrated into the security and controlled via commlink, they have built in "sonar," and you can tell when they die. Anyone else have any ideas for these giant cybered lobsters?

FrankTrollman
Last I checked, there were biodrone rules in Augmentation that made the controlling of giant lobsters a lot cheaper in the Essence department.

And I think we're talking giant lobsters with a Body of like 8 or 9.

-Frank
fistandantilus4.0
There's the Abrams lobster in the Critters book. Something like six feet long.
WhiskeyMac
There's also Nimue's Salamander. It's only 15 centimeters long, with a 10 centimeter tail, but was seeing an increase in use as a guard animal. It's a fuckin newt. How am I suppose to be scared of that?

Now lobsters, especially 6 foot lobsters, I could be scared off. Clip yer damn head off, they would.
Waterlog Thistlebottom
QUOTE (WhiskeyMac)
Now lobsters, especially 6 foot lobsters, I could be scared off. Clip yer damn head off, they would.

Good eatin' on them though wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I've done a game where the mission was to extract the security lobster for a main course meal at an exlcusive society ball. Thing had to be brought in alive. And the hilarity ensues....
bibliophile20
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
I've done a game where the mission was to extract the security lobster for a main course meal at an exlcusive society ball. Thing had to be brought in alive. And the hilarity ensues....

damn. That's alot of butter.
PBTHHHHT
Stop it, y'all are making me hungry.
Great, I can see it now. The runners trying to take the security critter too because it's good eats and large enough to feed the entire party including the troll.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
Last I checked, there were biodrone rules in Augmentation that made the controlling of giant lobsters a lot cheaper in the Essence department.

And I think we're talking giant lobsters with a Body of like 8 or 9.

-Frank

interesting. will that work on humans to?
kigmatzomat
I remember one run where the goal was a semi-voluntary extraction in an upscale restaurant after hours, where we were supposed to make it look like a robbery gone bad followed by a fire. Pay was good but we'd spent a lot to make sure we wouldn't get tagged for a burglary/arson/murder. Our "real" pay, in our minds, was the high-quality foodstuffs we liberated from the kitchen.

I spent the next year or so carefully doling out prime cuts of top choice meat as bribes to various contacts. The cost of a high-level cooking skillsoft and proper kitchen gear was well worth it. Money is money but not everyone can provide an inch thick medium-rare filet mignon wrapped in applewood bacon.
Grinder
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)

Even though my heart says: love.gif love.gif love.gif

I have to say: great. Now I'm drooling. Can't wait for Augmentation to be released, but when will it be.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)

Secretly all thanks to the hard work of Prof. Dr. Dr. Bernhard(ine) Trutz-Gehnau von Erfurt and his/her remote-controlled giant squids... at least in my game. wink.gif
They made great cargo-lifters on mars.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (kigmatzomat)
Our "real" pay, in our minds, was the high-quality foodstuffs we liberated from the kitchen.

Money is money but not everyone can provide an inch thick medium-rare filet mignon wrapped in applewood bacon.

notworthy.gif
Prime Mover
Abrhams Lobster + toxic critter rules. Be like season of deadliest catch with autofire.
hyzmarca
>A Johnson hired me to steal one of those cyber-lobsters once. The place I raided kept them in these large tanks in a security closet during the day. There weren't any guards around and the closet was left unlocks so I just strolled in, grabbed a lobster out of teh tank and stuffed it in my pants. That was a mistake. Thankfully, no one noticed the squirming or the blood stains. People try not to look a a troll's crotch.
>Onenut.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012