Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 Character Generator?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Leviathan
I was just wondering if theres a complete SR4 character generator out there yet? I found an almost complete one, but it lacked money-tallying and skills..
Leviathan
Nevermind, found one
cREbralFIX
Which one? Does it run on *nix?
JonathanC
I use this one: http://daegann.free.fr/page.php?id=241

I've never had too much trouble with it. The program is in english, btw, even though the website is not.
Dranem
I have an excel template designed to create and maintain SR4 characters... Seeing as there were a few projects out there at the time. I merely adapted and majorly expanded the use of the template.
It still needs some tweaking every now and then - as different GMs have variant rules to chargen... but it's easy enough to edit - if you know Excel. wink.gif
M-Rex
Leviathan,

Care to post a link?
Leviathan
I'm using the onethat Jonathan posted smile.gif
It is in English, not french, and includes all the stuff from the core book and street magic.
Nifty little program.
Buster
I love Daegann's program but it has several incorrect essence costs and prices for items (and tons of typos). Is there some way to get the source code so we can correct those? Or does someone have a perfected character generator?
TheDrake
The forum user Aaron has a great page linked in his signature.

http://pavao.org/shadowrun/index.html

I love the Excel sheet that page has ( http://pavao.org/shadowrun/SR4Chargen.xls ). There are also very handy cheat sheets too. Tres Awesome!
Hyde
Just too bad it's not easily printable...
Dashifen
I was working on a web-based generator but I lost track of it when I got to the enchancements due to cyberware and found out that I had screwed the pooch with an early design decision and would have to make some major changes to the system. Maybe Augmentation will get me back on track (I said that about Street Magic too frown.gif ).
TheDrake
QUOTE (Hyde)
Just too bad it's not easily printable...

Huh?

Print -> All Tabs

Ta-Da!
eidolon
Oh man. That generator from the French site is slick. It's comparable to Jackpoint (RIP frown.gif) in terms of character creation functionality.

This is good.
G.NOME
Buster:

Daegann's Generator is fully moddable. You can ad/delete all the data fields, IIRC.

I've added larger numbers of ammo, etc. But it's troubling that you say some of the Essence costs are wrong. Which entries are you talking about specifically?

edit: The thing I like about his generator is you can see the whole character sheet at one time, and there aren't the pre-calculated Commlink fields (like on some spreadsheets) that mess you up if you purchase more than one generator.
Buster
The skillwire essence costs were wrong for one, and I noticed some nuyen prices were off too.

I tried modifying the .dae files but they're mostly gibberish if you open them in notepad and I can't figure out what app to open them with.
G.NOME
Click on the "Data" drop-down menu, then Cyber/Bio-> Select the item you want to delete and click "Delete."

You can simply create a new item in the right-hand menu. All the data sets (gear, spells, etc.) can be modded this way, I think.

edit: If we can get these wrong values (and others, I noticed that the Radios are listed as a second group of Jammers, for instance) corrected then maybe we should post the correct data files somewhere?

BTW, I really like thewolf's generator, but there's no GUI for adding new items to it in it's current build. I don't think I'm going to use it too much yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012